Long 460 DT

/ Long 460 DT #1  

PatMcD

Silver Member
Tractor
LS U5030
My clutch pedal flops around some so I ordered a new clutch pedal bushing. Now how in **** do I remove that shaft that holds both the clutch and brake pedals? One end or the other must come off somehow and then slide it out. I can't figure it.
Thanks.

/ Long 460 DT #2  
For my 555 Just remove the pinch bolt and tap the pedal off. You may need to remove the tire to completely get it out. If it was that bad it would leak. Need to replace the seal too. Don't forget to drain the oil. The bushing my be a pain to get out,.

/ Long 460 DT
I cleaned the crap off of the brake pedal side and now see the snap ring that holds it on. Looks like I'll have to at least drop the FEL frame down to get it out. The tire looks close. I got the clutch pedal bushing from Longparts.com. He was looking at the schematics and didn't see any seals. Hopefully once I get it out I can get something at the local NAPA store.
It was leaking fluid, but I think that is actually from the 4wd reduction gear housing right above it. A couple of the bolts are stripped. How that happened I have no idea.

/ Long 460 DT #4  
My clutch pedal flops around some so I ordered a new clutch pedal bushing. Now how in **** do I remove that shaft that holds both the clutch and brake pedals? One end or the other must come off somehow and then slide it out. I can't figure it.
Thanks.

I do not like to be the bearer of bad news:
Prepare to split the tractor in two. I remember looking at this in the old UTB service manual, because we have a 1976 Long 460 and it was basically the same procedure you do to change the clutch.