Tractor
    farmtrac 360

Default Farmtrac 360dtc High gear bog out

I have search the threads and come up short to a solution. I live in wv and the terrain is well..Blue ridge mountians.. Not level. The girl runs fine in low/mid range no bogging climbs like a billy goat and doesnt miss a beat. As soon as I shift to high it boggs out unless im on a decline or dead level. Drained my tank, new filter, fuel conditioner... Im lost. Please help!

Tractor
    Kubota 9540, RTV 900 and David Brown 885.

Hello and welcome!

I don't have any personal experience with your model tractor but it sounds like it is simply geared too high to do any work in the high range.

Is this tractor one you've had a while and it just started doing this?

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Ford 5000, 3000

Default Re: Farmtrac 360dtc High gear bog out

I don't think my 675 would climb a mountain in high. I wouldn't want to that fast up a steep hill anyway.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Default Re: Farmtrac 360dtc High gear bog out

Quote Originally Posted by dwntheline View Post
    I have search the threads and come up short to a solution. I live in wv and the terrain is well..Blue ridge mountians.. Not level. The girl runs fine in low/mid range no bogging climbs like a billy goat and doesnt miss a beat. As soon as I shift to high it boggs out unless im on a decline or dead level. Drained my tank, new filter, fuel conditioner... Im lost. Please help!
    Think of it this way, your bare tractor weighs 3050 lbs, let alone if you have an implement or or any other weights on it. You have 39 horsepower maximum available. Now think of this like an automobile, just how "zippy" would a 3050 lb automobile ( a fair sized car) be with a 39 horsepower engine? Tractors achieve their tremendous amounts of pulling power by extensive use of low gearing. When you expect them to move fast and start gearing them up, Well the lack of horsepower really starts to show up. Now if you put a supercharger on your tractor, and a different injector pump, and bore it out, maybe get it up over 100 horsepower, I bet you could get some more top end performance out of the old girl. Generally top gears in a tractor are for "roading" the tractor on relatively flat ground. Another example, what does a 500 HP 18 wheeler fully loaded do when going up a steep hill?.. Start dropping down several gears to be able to pull the hill. My impression is there is nothing wrong with your tractor.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN