Anyone with 665?

/ Anyone with 665? #1  

weathda

Silver Member
Tractor
Farmtrac 665DTC, Kubota L2550, John Deere 310SE, Dresser 175C
Can anyone with a 665 check the top of the clutch housing? Looks like a 3/4" bolt is backing out on me, but I can't get a wrench in there to know for sure if it's loose. Will require some line removal to get a wrench on it.

DSC05073-1024.jpg

DSC05074-1024.jpg

DSC05075-1024.jpg

Thanks!

/ Anyone with 665? #2  
i looked at one of my 675's today. Looks to be the same as your 665. Bolt that holds the transmission to the engine. Yep yours is loose. I would have to take my fuel tank to get to mine. My tank is plastic though.

/ Anyone with 665?
Thanks very much for looking at yours. I was pretty sure it's loose and yes, I think I'll have to remove the tank on mine to get to it. I don't think the factory's torque wrench was working the day they assembled this tractor. I've had to tighten several bolts on this tractor. I've had to tighten the weight bracket bolts, the allen bolts that hold the three-point lift arms bracket on the bottom of the tractor and the bolts holding the cover for the 4 wheel drive shaft.

/ Anyone with 665? #4  
Yes quality control was lacking over in India. I like my tractors. I bought 2 Montana 675 DTC tractors for the price of one John Deer with the same HP. I now have 225 HR on one and about 150 on one. I use them for logging, running a wood splitter, farming etc.
Just planted 25 ac of corn. Planting beans next weeks. They have been good tractors but I had to tighten a lot of bolts, install missing grease fittings and such when I got the tractors a few years ago. First thing I did when I unloaded them was change all the fluids. AT 100 HRS I changed them again along with the filters. I hope they will last me a long time. On a side note I had an older Ford 3000 and Ford 5000 that I sold after I bought the 675's I owned them for about 20 years and never had any problems other than leaking seals and a little oil use.