Oil & Fuel Farmtrac hydraulic-transmission fluid

/ Farmtrac hydraulic-transmission fluid #1  

marhar

Gold Member
Tractor
Farm Trac 60
Fellows, I have been working on my Fathers Farmtrac 60. It has not ran much in the last few years. The oil change is straight forward. My question: I assume the hydraulic and the transmission fluid are the same thing. That is there is one filter and there is one place to add; am I correct?

/ Farmtrac hydraulic-transmission fluid #2  
Better late than never, buy yes to all

/ Farmtrac hydraulic-transmission fluid #3  
Gonna' bring up a old thread here on this subject.
My FT60 is a '98-'99 model with the flat fenders.
My operators manual says;
transmission ............ M2C86-B or M2C159-B
rear axle ................. same numbers.
My tractors transmission has its own fill and drain plug with a dip stick and manual says 24.3 pints.
The rear end has its fill plug on top and a check pug farther down the side and a drain plug on the bottom and holds 49.2 pints.

My old Farmtrac dealer sells Lubriguard hydraulic & transmission oil with the Ford M2C86-B number which I use in the rear axle as its supplies the 3 point and fel hydraulics.
He also says to use a 80w-90 gear oil in the transmission which foams out the vent hole in the fill plug when pushing 1700 rpm on a hot day after running a 6' Rhino for 2-3 hours in heavy fescu/Bermuda and red clover.

My question is would using the M2C86-B fluid help with the foaming out the vent hole in the filler plug ?? Any thoughts on the foaming issue. Is there a higher temp 80w-90 oil out here ??

JIM

/ Farmtrac hydraulic-transmission fluid #4  
Why not just use what it calls for. The sames stuff that is in the rear end. That's what I run n my 555 which is basically your 60. If you are set on 80 90 you could try synthetic, but that would cost$$$. In the least look and see if the oil you are using has anti foaming agents in it. Foaming oil is bad as the presence of foam in a lubricant disrupts oil film and promotes wear.

/ Farmtrac hydraulic-transmission fluid #5  
Yeah, I realize the M2C86B specs go in both. I've used different brands with the M2C86B specs but all seem to create foam above 1600-1800 rpm after 2-3 hours on a 90-100 hot day using my mower. I can drop rpms back below 1500-1600 and foaming stops.

Just sold 35 5x6 round bales so may use some of that monies invest in a synthetic oil.
Thanks.................Jim

/ Farmtrac hydraulic-transmission fluid #6  
Gonna' bring up a old thread here on this subject.
My FT60 is a '98-'99 model with the flat fenders.
My operators manual says;
transmission ............ M2C86-B or M2C159-B
rear axle ................. same numbers.
My tractors transmission has its own fill and drain plug with a dip stick and manual says 24.3 pints.
The rear end has its fill plug on top and a check pug farther down the side and a drain plug on the bottom and holds 49.2 pints.

My old Farmtrac dealer sells Lubriguard hydraulic & transmission oil with the Ford M2C86-B number which I use in the rear axle as its supplies the 3 point and fel hydraulics.
He also says to use a 80w-90 gear oil in the transmission which foams out the vent hole in the fill plug when pushing 1700 rpm on a hot day after running a 6' Rhino for 2-3 hours in heavy fescu/Bermuda and red clover.

My question is would using the M2C86-B fluid help with the foaming out the vent hole in the filler plug ?? Any thoughts on the foaming issue. Is there a higher temp 80w-90 oil out here ??

JIM
What is the model and serial number on your tractor. my tractor has the flat fenders and I can only find one dip stick and fill point. Farmtrac 60.