300DTC Steering

/ 300DTC Steering #1  

FarmTracRay

Tractor
Farmtrac 300dtc
Mowing with bush hog other day, when I went to turn, I noticed the steering wheel would just keep turning. The wheels steer back and forth like normal, but I can just keep turning the steering wheel. What is my problem.

/ 300DTC Steering
I'm kinda wondering why I am getting so many views, but no responses. Am I asking a stupid question?

/ 300DTC Steering #3  
hand pump

/ 300DTC Steering
I am assuming you mean hydraulic pump. The tractor has a loader and it and the 3 point work fine as I can tell. I just used the heck out of loader spreading gravel. A mechanic tells me it is gear box.

/ 300DTC Steering #5  
hand pump is not the hydraulic pump. the hand pump is on the bottom of the steering column.part no. lg2290.it is called a hand pump for you turn the steering wheel by hand for it to pump.

/ 300DTC Steering #6  
my 300 does it as well if I keep turning the wheel.I just don't keep turning parts are to hard to find

/ 300DTC Steering
I have wrote and askes for price and availability. No answer yet. Like you, I just quit turning. Little leery to take on road to get to my woods, what if it quits on road.

/ 300DTC Steering #8  
then it could also be the steering cylinder.

/ 300DTC Steering #9  
I drove a massey ferguson that did the same thing. had so much play from the hand pump it would wander going down the road you had to be quick on the steering