Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Landtrac 390HST

Default Buyers beware of E-bay

Good afternoon. I just received my "new" owners manual for my "old" Landtrac 390 HST I purchased off of e-bay. I realize that my tractor has gone through a few name changes since then an now, and I wasn't really expecting much in the quality of the manual. Here's the description they had for the manual...Condition: Brand New: A new, unread, unused book in perfect condition with no missing or damaged pages." I though maybe some dealership was going out of business and was trying to unload the drawer full of old manuals they had. When I opened the package it was indeed wrapped in shrink wrap. And behold, it was a photocopy. How can I tell? Staring on the front cover someone had crossed out Landtrac and hand wrote Farmtrac. This is everywhere through out the manual. There is also handwritten notes in the margins of the pages with stars noting important info. It's actually a very good photocopy that can be easily read with good heavy paper, so Ill keep it, and have a chuckle every time I read it. Just though I'd share and let people know to be careful what they buy on E-bay.

Tractor
    JD 4300, JD X500

Default Re: Buyers beware of E-bay

Only time I buy anything on Ebay is "Buy It Now". Their bidding rules are incomprehensible! You never really know what the high bid is. You think you have it then poof, somehow a higher bid magically appears out of nowhere at the last second!

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by rekees4300 View Post
    Only time I buy anything on Ebay is "Buy It Now". Their bidding rules are incomprehensible! You never really know what the high bid is. You think you have it then poof, somehow a higher bid magically appears out of nowhere at the last second!
    That's Me! I don't even bid till the last 15 seconds.
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST Cub Cadet UTV

EBAY - if you want to win, use Auction Sniper and launch your bids with under 8 seconds remaining. Once you set it, it is totally automatic.

I've bought hundreds of items from EBAY and, mostly, it's been a positive experience. Read the ads carefully!

Before EBAY upgraded its buyer protection, I did get ripped off by some *&%^*(^% selling a generator. Lost about $500 but eventually had $300 refunded after lots of effort.

Tractor
    Kubota L3200 w/LA524

Quote Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
    EBAY - if you want to win, use Auction Sniper and launch your bids with under 8 seconds remaining. Once you set it, it is totally automatic.

I've bought hundreds of items from EBAY and, mostly, it's been a positive experience. Read the ads carefully!

Before EBAY upgraded its buyer protection, I did get ripped off by some *&%^*(^% selling a generator. Lost about $500 but eventually had $300 refunded after lots of effort.
    Seconds on the "Auction Sniper" site. I set the highest I'm willing to pay and set it for 4 seconds. It's a great tool. Rarely, do I use eBay anymore, you can usually find better deals elsewhere.
    No, I'm not politically correct

Tractor
    Branson 6530C

Me too!

Elite Member
    Tractor
    MT180D

At one time I sold copies of aviation manuals on EBay and did quite well doing so.
    I did however state that they were COPIES and I even had then professionally coil wire bound c/w durable covers.
    All my FB's were very positive.

Mechanics want printed manuals and this was at the time when most were coming out in microfiche.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ford 3400, Gizmow ZTR, Simplicity 7116H

Thats cause someone is using something like Bid Sniper.. You should try it.
    Vets helping Vets: Veterans Benefit Network - http://vets.yuku.com/

Tractor
    Bobcat V417 Toolcat 5610 F TORO+Loader

Thumbs up Re: Buyers beware of E-bay

Quote Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
    Thats cause someone is using something like Bid Sniper.. You should try it.
    I just decide what it is worth to me and enter a "Max Bid". I have won several times when out bid at the last second, because of my max bid. eBay ends the listing at the next second, then raises the bid by the minimum increment, and it says "you won".
    My Avatar, the TORO+Loader: Kwik-Way FEL and TORO Groundsmaster Put Together

Compact Telehandler:
    V417 Versahander

Tractor
    Mahindra 5035, JD 2240, 420

I don't care if my max bids get sniped. After I decide how much I am going to bid, that's my max anyway. If someone want to over bid me by a penny or $50, I could care less.... Same as a real auction.... always someone will bid you higher if you let them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast