555DTC - Problem - 4WD

/ 555DTC - Problem - 4WD #1  
Tractor
Farmtrac 555DTC
Has anyone ever had it in 4wd, power up in low low to scoop and pick up dirt with the front end loader, hear a loud clank and then it clank when you are in 4wd and not clank in 2wd? If you have, did you find out what the problem was and could you fix it yourself?

/ 555DTC - Problem - 4WD #2  
I had a very similar problem with mine and it was in the front differential. My mechanic got into it and found a broken gear and also figured out that there was a bearing that was somehow not installed. As I understand the front drive axles are purchased items and not an "Farmtrac" part. We ordered the Gear from the New York parts supplier who had it in stock and I supplied the bearing the was "left out" and have had no other problems

/ 555DTC - Problem - 4WD
Humm, sounds like we should take a look inside the front differential. Amazing that yours didn't have the bearing. We did a number on our 4wd gears at the box behind the transmission. The two gears in the box are gonners, the gear that drives the 4wd gears is toast and so is the PTO gear.

/ 555DTC - Problem - 4WD #4  
There were supposed to be 2 in the shaft and there was only one in mine. Not saying that was the cause of the failure but we were sure that it didn't help. My mechanic is was at a Ford New Holland dealership for almost 25 years before opening his own shop and is very familiar with the Farmtac's that are based on the Old Ford India plant design. I have had no problems with ring gear and pinion bolts that some others in this Form have experienced . Hopefully there won't be in the future. Let us know how your repairs go