FARMTRAC 665DTC Breather Tube oil Leak

/ FARMTRAC 665DTC Breather Tube oil Leak #1  

yoda439

Tractor
FARMTRAC 665 DTC 5440 LOADER
Need a little help please. Could someone with a 665 please measure the engine oil dip stick and let me know what they came up with? Mine from tip too tip is 10-3/4...From bottom (Tip) to where it rest on the tube is 9 inches. I am trying to verify if someone swapped my oil stick with wrong one. Also I noted that when I removed the stick and held it up beside tube it appears to be maybe 2 inches off bottom of the oil pan.
Shop just changed the oil and filter and when it warms up it blows oil from front valve cover breather tube at a pretty good rate. However it stops when on the add oil mark??? I'm thinking the wrong stick is too short and its just actually fixing the over fill problem. Just bought this tractor and it seems to be running great...no smoke out exhaust at start or running. Also another sign is its a red stick and my tractor is blue. lol

Thanks

Attachments

• 20150627_101046.jpg
    20150627_101046.jpg
    465.6 KB · Views: 317
   / FARMTRAC 665DTC Breather Tube oil Leak #2  
We have a Farmtrac forum that can give you some direction. Ask a mod to move you over there.

/ FARMTRAC 665DTC Breather Tube oil Leak #3  
I have a 665dtc. Will be at the farm this Friday. Will snap some pictures for you unless someone beats me to it.

/ FARMTRAC 665DTC Breather Tube oil Leak
Okay thanks. Just need length of yours please.

/ FARMTRAC 665DTC Breather Tube oil Leak #5  
Yes, I'll get the length measurements. I did find this pic on my PC. Based on your description, I'm guessing mine is the same length as yours. It's not very long from what I remember.

14614136014_45fe238e4e_b.jpg

Great pic...Yes mine is red also. was just trying to make since of this oil blowing out of breather tube after it warms up.

/ FARMTRAC 665DTC Breather Tube oil Leak #7  
How much oil is being put in, I think it is 6.5 quarts or so

That's just it. Don't know how much they put in but it did read full on dip stick. I think I will drain it and add 6 quarts and see where that puts me on the stick. It starts and runs fine with no smoke. Temp guage is reading dead center. After a short drive it starts pumping oil from breather tube onto ground in front. I did note when I parked it and was looking things over it just stopped?? Then after I allowed it to sit for about an hour the dip stick was on add mark. I'm afraid to run anything that's on the add mark. There is gurgling sound I can also hear like oil is having hard time running back to pan.

/ FARMTRAC 665DTC Breather Tube oil Leak #9  
If you remove the oil stick, do you have any blow-by out the dip stick tube while it's running? It's building up pressure somehow. Might be worth a valve check at some point. They're supposed to be checked/adjusted every 600 hours. Mine weren't slightly off when I bought mine used at 360 hours. If you're exhaust valves are off a little they might be building up some pressure in the crankcase.

It should hold 6.97 quarts (6.6 lts) with filter according to the manual. But I'd stop at 6.5 and crank it. Let it run and re-check after a few minutes.

Thanks for your info. The tractor dealer I just purchased it from just picked it up this evening to repair it. They should know this but I will pass it along anyway. Also I will post what they did too fix it when done. Thanks again.