Ignition switch wiring diagram

/ Ignition switch wiring diagram #1  

cloudm

Tractor
farmtrac 665
Bought new ignition switch Monday, I live about 25 miles from sundowner so I asked about a diagram. They told me to there isn't a real clear guide to follow. Nbd thought I could figure it out. I am in middle of hay field try to get tractor back home, finally figure out exactly how it goes. I screwed up by not taking a picture of it, but anyways I get home and I go to put ignition back under sheet metal to put it in permanently. I pull 4 of the 5 wires out.

Long story short, does any one have a diagram for a 665?

Thanks

/ Ignition switch wiring diagram #2  
Hopefully this helps

20158463319_b82d524c3d_o.jpg

/ Ignition switch wiring diagram
Thanks for your help Weathda, here's my new problem. This summer, I have changed the battery, had alternator tested 2 times came back fine. I have had to jump the tractor several times this summer. So when ignition switch broke I thought that could be causing a short all along. Now I install switch today, it starts up but I have to hold the switch in start the entire time, when I let go to run it dies. I did this today and the negative battery cable was smoking hot. I have tried test lights.

Any ideas where to look now? I still think wire is exposed to metal and draining battery but what about ignition switch?

/ Ignition switch wiring diagram
Changed out battery cables today, used test light on starter and alternator, seems good.
Tractor will start right up but I have to hold the key in start position to keep tractor running.
Do you think it is wire running from starter to ignition switch? Getting frustrated and 100 degree days aren't helping. Please advise

/ Ignition switch wiring diagram #5  
Sounds like you may be having multiple problems. Here's another diagram i found that shows a white wire from the ignition switch going to the fuel shut-off on the pump. This should be position 2 (accessories). You should be getting 12V at the pump with accessories on. If you don't have 12 at the pump, your pump will not allow the tractor to run. You could take a wire and apply 12 V from battery to the pump to by pass the switch. This would help verify if this is the problem with running.

You may also have a short somewhere too...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Wiring2.JPG
    Wiring2.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 100,546
   / Ignition switch wiring diagram #6  
There are two leads on the pump. The one in red is the fuel shutoff.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Fuel Pump.JPG
    Fuel Pump.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 52,709