Clutch / transmission question

/ Clutch / transmission question #1  

cloudm

Tractor
farmtrac 665
When I press the clutch it seems to go to floor, when the shuttle shift is in neutral I can switch Low, Mid High and 1,2,3,4 no problem then when I put the shuttle in forward or reverse it grinds and won't go into gear.

I can also move shuttle in to forward and reverse if one of the H, L, M or 1,2,3,4 is in neutral. Any suggestions where to start. Synchronizer, clutch assembly, idk.

/ Clutch / transmission question
Easy fix so far. There is tensioner on the clutch pedal assembly. I tightened it down and it fixed the problem of not going into gear. Now I think the throw out bearing may be in jeopardy.

/ Clutch / transmission question #4  
My 300 is doing the same thing. Where is the tensioner located? How tight did you go?

Jeremy

/ Clutch / transmission question #6  
Tighten mine up today, I found my clutch return spring broken. I can't seem to find where it hooked to it is still hanging on the rod/clevis end.

Jeremy

/ Clutch / transmission question #7  
Any updates on this?. Mine grinds when going into reverse and once in reverse it will pop out of gear unless I hold pressure back on the shuttle lever.

/ Clutch / transmission question #8  
Still need to order my spring, but it help with going into gear.

Jeremy

/ Clutch / transmission question
Sorry guys I haven't been on lately but haven't had any more problems since I tightened the tensioner. I will tell you that when you shift the shuttle from F to R fully press in the clutch and release, then push clutch in and shift. Once I started doing this absolutely no grinding at all. The tensioner is directly under neath the clutch pedal. Hope this helps, Farmtrac are quarky but once you figure them out pretty reliable