Outrageous shipping costs

/ Outrageous shipping costs #1  

Rosch42

Tractor
Landtrac 390HST
I'm sure this has been asked before, but is there any place that will sell and ship Landtrac / Farmtrac parts at reasonable rates? I have been to a couple of web sites looking for o-rings for my Landtrac 390HST. And even though I can find them, and they are cheap enough, the shipping rates are freakin outrageous! This is from PartsForFarmtrac.com.

farmtrac-tractor-parts.com
Your Order
Item Cost
1 O-RING-S80217
5010 $7.25
2 O-RING-RUBBER
-TRG970 $13.22
4 O-RING-S80209
0010 $6.16
Subtotal: $26.63
Shipping: $45.46*
Total: $72.09
* Includes Shipping & Handling Fees
Shipping Information
Shipping Address
Name:
Street Address 1:
Street Address 2:
City: Gardiner
State: Maine
Zip Code: 04345
Phone:
Shipping Options
Shipping Method: UPS ground

Are you telling me they can't ship 7 little o-rings to Maine for less than $45? I will admit that this was the most extreme and I have found another web site that will ship for $17, but still..... You'd think that they could throw them in a little envelope and stick a few stamps on it and send it.

Sorry, this tuned into more of a rant than any real questions.

/ Outrageous shipping costs #2  
No - I understand your concern completely. I've found this to be the case on a lot of web sites. And we wonder why the cost of certain items is so very reasonable - until shipping/handling is added in. I think the profit margin must be shipping/handling for certain sites.

I recently was checking out a new battery for my tractor. Found what I wanted and it was $60 cheaper than I could get locally until I went to order it and found that shipping/handling was $55.

/ Outrageous shipping costs #3  
Maybe a TBN member at the dealer's location could buy the O-rings over the counter, then mail them to you.

TBN could start a buying service. :)

Bruce

/ Outrageous shipping costs #4  
I ran into a few sites that will sell you something small and lite for $2 but shipping will be $8. I can understand that, but then if you buy ten of them for $20 the shipping will be $80, even though all of them together weigh a pound or two and are very small. Go figure.

/ Outrageous shipping costs #5  
Agree, try buying something and getting it shipped to Canadastan if you think yours is bad (if the place will even ship it at all)....Mike

/ Outrageous shipping costs #6  
Parts for all Farmtrac Tractors Models
Never been overcharged here. Free shipping over 150$
Yes shipping stuff has became expensive I shipped something FedEx and it weighed about half pound, package weighed more than the item . 14$
That is just outrageous though.
Ordered a cap and rotor from a place and the shipping was the same as the parts at 12$ and 12$
I once placed an order like that and the shipping was quoted at $24. Called and talked to someone on the phone and they said it is all calculated by computer and it is often wrong. She quoted shipping at $8 and that is what it was.

/ Outrageous shipping costs #7  
Many on line merchants use shipping programs and flat rate boxes.
Naturally flat rate is based on a certain weight as well as the farthest destination.
Then if you add taxes and insurance you end up with that excessive shipping rate.

Gone are the days of carting a package to the post office and weighing it.
Now days they want UPS to pick up the parcel so you also are paying for that service in the flat rate.

/ Outrageous shipping costs
Parts for all Farmtrac Tractors Models
Never been overcharged here. Free shipping over 150$
Yes shipping stuff has became expensive I shipped something FedEx and it weighed about half pound, package weighed more than the item . 14$
That is just outrageous though.
Ordered a cap and rotor from a place and the shipping was the same as the parts at 12$ and 12$
I once placed an order like that and the shipping was quoted at $24. Called and talked to someone on the phone and they said it is all calculated by computer and it is often wrong. She quoted shipping at $8 and that is what it was.
That's one of the places I tried and it was $17 shipping for a $3 o-ring. I'll have to call them and ask if they can do better than that.

/ Outrageous shipping costs #10  
i think you have selected same day / next day shipping at 45 bucks a whack!

a few o-rings with i think it is 5 to 10 day or 5 to 7 day shipping. for 0-rings should only cost a couple bucks at most. via regular snail mail and arrive in an envelope.