545 Steering Cylinder rebuilt.

/ 545 Steering Cylinder rebuilt. #1  

Mclynn1225

Tractor
Farmtrac 545
Just had the cylinder rebuilt. It lost a ton of reddish fluid. They guy that rebuilt it said it was just power steering fluid. Is this true and where do I replace the fluid at. I have looked all over this tractor.

/ 545 Steering Cylinder rebuilt. #2  
Just had the cylinder rebuilt. It lost a ton of reddish fluid. They guy that rebuilt it said it was just power steering fluid. Is this true and where do I replace the fluid at. I have looked all over this tractor.

I wish I could have gotten mine rebuilt for $100. The kit cost $80. The pump is forward of your left foot as you sit on the tractor just behind the sheet metal shroud for the radiator. Small round metal cap. I filled mine while it was running with power steering fluid.

/ 545 Steering Cylinder rebuilt.
Yea. I found it earlier. Thanks for the reply. A mechanic put me on a hydraulic shop that rebuilt cylinders. They done a good job and had it back in less than 8hrs. Do you have a 545 if so do you know where I can get a owners manual. I have a parts manual just can't find an owners

/ 545 Steering Cylinder rebuilt. #4  
Yea. I found it earlier. Thanks for the reply. A mechanic put me on a hydraulic shop that rebuilt cylinders. They done a good job and had it back in less than 8hrs. Do you have a 545 if so do you know where I can get a owners manual. I have a parts manual just can't find an owners

I have a Farmtrac 545 and just blew the steering cylinder gasket. My tractor only has 128 hrs, but about 7 years old and used for mowing only a few times a year, so it sits alot. Been told that age causes seals to dry up. My biggest concern though is another hydraulic leak that I have had fixed before and is back from a $15 elbow part where the fluid returns to the case. Last time we had to take the tractor apart to replce it because of a nut holding in place inside the tractor. Cost a lot for labor. Has anyone else had this problem?