Had to hold transmission in reverse to move

/ Had to hold transmission in reverse to move #1  

bones1

Platinum Member
St.Marys County. Maryland/Tall Timbers Md.
Tractor
Farmtrac 300 dtc
I just installed a clutch kit in my 300 DTC farmtrac and the shuttle shift lever still will not let me put it in gear( i guessed and thought the clutch surely was bad) It was not. So now I have a new clutch, what a job, and the tractor does not move. I pulled the trans cover off and luckily or not found a broken shift fork.It was grinding putting it into reverse and had to hold it in reverse to back up. My question now is how to repair it. It looks like it splits between the back of the transmission and the differential case which is huge but the service manual is useless. Any help is most appreciated.Thanks.

/ Had to hold transmission in reverse to move #2  
Have you tried the LS tractor section not sure of the model but the 300 DTC was built by LS

/ Had to hold transmission in reverse to move #4  
I am having the same issue with my 300DTC. Did you get yours fixed? I can't seem to find a dealer that works on them in eastern NC. any help would be great!!!!

/ Had to hold transmission in reverse to move #5  
I am having the same issue with my 300DTC. Did you get yours fixed? I can't seem to find a dealer that works on them in eastern NC. any help would be great!!!!

An AG equipment dealer may work on your orphan...just point him at this site for ordering parts... Parts For Montana Tractors

/ Had to hold transmission in reverse to move #6  
I saw a problem like this one time before. It was the bearing in the tranny. The forward/reverse gear synchros were shot and the shaft was hanging in there with only a bearing race hanging on.

Don't run your transmission low on oil.