555dtc noisy injector pump

/ 555dtc noisy injector pump #1  

PatBenkert

Tractor
FarmTrack 555 DTC
The injector pump on my 555dtc has become very noisy. you can quiet it down by pumping the primer but it comes right back. The motor seems to run fine,good power and no missing. Anyone have any thing like this happen to them? I have not run it much since this started. Any help would be appreciated.

/ 555dtc noisy injector pump #2  
My 665 Bosch pump got very noisy few years ago - like a loud high pitched rapid tapping sound. I had several fuel issues I had to work through at the same time, but the noise was due to sucking air. I had a hairline crack in the suction side fuel line. Once I replaced the line, it was quiet again. Been running good ever since.

PS don't use the AGCO filters. This filter was too restrictive and caused loss of power. I've had good luck with the Wix filters.

14429558730_214e6ca627_b.jpg

/ 555dtc noisy injector pump
Yes, I have that loud tapping noise. I will change the fuel filters and check all the lines. Do you use the same filter for both or a lower micron rating in the secondary. Thank You for your reply.

/ 555dtc noisy injector pump #4  
Before I discovered the broken line, I took the pump off and took it to a pump shop and paid them $250 bucks for them to tell me there was nothing wrong with it.

I now use the same Wix filters for prim and sec.

Filters.JPG

Thank you for the info. I will try the same filters.

/ 555dtc noisy injector pump #6  
Air in the system will sound like someone is inside the pump, beating their way out..
its very noisy & harmful to the internal components..
IF its possible, buy a CLEAR piece of fuel line & the correct ends & hook it up in place of the existing inlet line..
You'll be able to SEE the bubbles..
I like to START at the pump inlet & work backwards towards the fuel tank to find the culprit/leak..
Good luck & don't let it go on for to long.. TPG

Thank You, your description is funny and accurate. Thinking back we ran low on fuel but not completely out. We probably sucked some air in then. I will change filters and try to fit a clear suction line on and bleed the system. Is there any tricks to bleeding the pump other than cracking the lines? Thanx

Update : I changed to the wix fuel filters. After bleeding the system, the tractor fired right up. No more noisy fuel pump. Thank you for the help.

/ 555dtc noisy injector pump #9  
Thanks for the update. Glad you got it going.:thumbsup: