Farmtrac 300DTC PTO

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Farmtrac 300DTC PTO #1  

rangerric

I cannot seem to get the PTO to operate properly on my new Farmtrac 300 DTC. I use a 5 foot finish mower with no problem, but when I hook up to a 5 foot rotary cutter it engages like two freight trains colliding, whether in manual or independent mode. It shears the bolt pin on the cutter three out of five times it is engaged, especially when engaging it with the clutch. The cutter works smoothly on another tractor. Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

/ Farmtrac 300DTC PTO #2  
I have a FarmTrac 270 but it's a whole different setup. May I suggest you post your questions in the "All Other Brands" section. There are some very knowledgeable owners and dealers that hang out there. Also Montana has the same LG tractor except it's not that pretty FarmTrac blue. But the Montana fellas are very helpful as well.

John

/ Farmtrac 300DTC PTO
Thanks!

/ Farmtrac 300DTC PTO #4  
I'll be watching this thread as I've got a new 360TLB and a new 5' bushhog that I have not used yet. Hopefully I don't have the same problem!

/ Farmtrac 300DTC PTO #5  
Dupe thread. Closed.

If you need a thread moved, simply click on the Notify Moderator (red triangle) icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.