Farmtrac - For real?

/ Farmtrac - For real? #101  
Mlodger said:
No regrets with this machine so far. Well, except for nearly breaking up the 42 year marriage, but once I plant some trees, those troubled waters should subside as well.

Better get right on those trees. Spouses are easier to be with when they are smiling.;)

/ Farmtrac - For real? #102  
I will second that motion for a Farmtrac forum.
Great post, I am currently using my 360 TLB on a retaining wall project and have over 100 hours since she was delivered in May

/ Farmtrac - For real? #103  
Mlodger, welcome to the forum sir. You'll fit right in here. Glad you got a good dealer. Hope you put many hours on that FT.

I'm almost in the older than dirt gang. LOL I started plowing with mules. Been working my way up for years. Slowly but surely. LOL

Don't wait to long on those trees now.

/ Farmtrac - For real?
rogdan said:
I will second that motion for a Farmtrac forum.
Great post, I am currently using my 360 TLB on a retaining wall project and have over 100 hours since she was delivered in May

Rogdan,

You mind sharing what you gave for the 360 TLB setup? My local dealer has a 360 w/fel, no backhoe though. Thanks.

/ Farmtrac - For real? #105  
Greetings,

With brushhog (5 footer which weighs more than I remember back when I could remember things for more than a day), the entire rig with liquid in tires, setup and delivered was 24.7K, with half down and the rest on four years no interest courtesy of Agricredit somebody or other. Such a deal. Then again, I did have to sell my somewhat new BMW and restored 1929 Model A Ford before I moved to the country, so I guess I am still ahead a few bucks. Of course, as cool as the Farmtrac is, it doesn't get the waves that the Model A did from comely young (for me that means between fifty and sixty) ladies.

Still moving dirt and installing culverts and drainage ditches. Operating a backhoe is not a natural act, it appears. Digging is easy; making a flat, straight ditch isn't.

This weekend is tree planting time so marrige is mostly safe.

It pains me to see so much mud on it, but at least I haven't stooped to waxing it yet.

Only problem real problem so far is that the cotter pin on backhoe seat came out and the spring loaded gadget that holds it down was snafu for a while. Also, the hazard flashers seem to have a mind of their own. Once on, they don't seem to want to go off, even if key is withdrawn and I go inside for happy hour. Then, sometimes one push and they do go off. I suspect the devil at work here, although I wasn't aware he operated this far away from Washington, D.C.

Anyone, changed gear oil at 50 hours?

/ Farmtrac - For real? #106  
Mlodger, What gear oil are you referring to? I changed the front axle lube per the owners manual at the 50 hr interval. The hyd/trans fluid on my unit is to be changed at 400 hrs with only a filter change at the 50 hr service. I didn't like the idea of just changing the filter so I went ahead and changed the fluid and filter. Not much to the 50 hr deal just take your time and follow the manual and you can save a good bit of change. One thing that I noticed, refill capacities listed in the manual were off a little bit. Most of them listed more fluid than was actually required to do the job, by just a quart or so.
Take care and get those TREES in!

John

/ Farmtrac - For real? #107  
Thanks for the info. My bad. I meant the gear lube for the drive axles etc. Any recommendations?