Farmtrac - For real?

/ Farmtrac - For real? #31  
gamble77 said:
If you be sure to get a 2007 model they will have larger standard industrial tires too

Gamble,

Does this mean the DTC's are coming standard with the oversized R4's in 2007??
I paid some extra for mine (at your recommendation) and I'm glad I did. They help out alot with the Hoe and overall stability and traction. Good call. Here are a couple pics for comparision:
Standard R4:
FARMTRAC360DTC.jpg

Oversized R4's (notice the lack of space within wheelwell):
FT_bushhog.JPG

/ Farmtrac - For real? #32  
No...the 300/360/390 will still have an option for larger tires. The 270/320 will come standard with larger industrial tires. Off to the expo, be back with lots of pics tomorrow!

/ Farmtrac - For real? #33  
gamble77 said:
No...the 300/360/390 will still have an option for larger tires. The 270/320 will come standard with larger industrial tires. Off to the expo, be back with lots of pics tomorrow!
Looking forward to the pics and will definitely keep the larger tires thing in mind. Also, if you can explain what a LS and LG are. On the web site I see Compacts, 5, 6 and 7 Series. Nothing abolut LS/LG.:eek:

/ Farmtrac - For real? #34  
LS/LG is the manufacturer of the tractor.

/ Farmtrac - For real?
Are the 39 HP models the only ones that come with a backhoe package in this brand?

/ Farmtrac - For real?
Disregard. I answered the question myself after going to the website.

/ Farmtrac - For real?
Gamble,

The pics, the pics!!!

/ Farmtrac - For real? #38  
Yeah...about those pics...my better half decided that she would buy me the cheapest batteries in the store and they lasted all of 5 pics. in the Massey booth...sorry guys, blame the woman!

/ Farmtrac - For real? #39  
Bob_Skurka said:
Do some searches, there have been many, and I don't keep track of my old posts. But as gamble77 pointed out, (and he is a dealer) my points have been hashed out in detail, often with photos, and as he also pointed out (and while he & I may not agree on some) he stated my observations were, for the most part true. I'd tend to think they are all true, but I'll grant my friend some leeway to disagree with me ;)

Now you may well enjoy your tractor and find the controls reasonable to use. I suspect, however, that you do not have much seat time in many different brands, nor many different types of equipment (ag and non-ag) and perhaps that is why some folks can easily see inferior design and others cannot. Truth be told, anyone can get used to anything, but that doesn't mean that what they get used to is as good as something else, it just means they get used to it. Sort of like a "three on the tree" manual transmission versus "4 on the floor" and now that is evolving to 6 speed paddle shifters. All 3 make the car go. Some are smoother, some are more responsive, some are faster to gear, etc. Not trying to lay down insults here, just trying to point out somethings are better than others.
CityTransplant, You are just going to have to bite the bullet and realize that your tractor is of "inferior" design and get over it. Them FarmTracs are just no good and you should buy a Kubota that everyone approves of and bury the ole' 270 in the field somewhere.:mad:

John

/ Farmtrac - For real? #40  
NewToy said:
Them FarmTracs are just no good and you should buy a Kubota
This is a perfect example someone clearly overstating things without having full understanding. This is the type of post that leads to brand wars.

Its unfortunate that we cannot simply state observations about features without getting feelings hurt. My observations were fact based, nothing more, nothing less. Its also obvious that a couple dealers of LG brands basically agreed with my observations and suggested that a newer series will resolve many of the issues I pointed out, and through that we've all remained civil.