Farmtrac - For real?

/ Farmtrac - For real? #1  

Nissan197

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3215 4WD
I am looking for a 30 - 35 HP tractor that I can use on 10 acres. It will be used to help build a house, mow approximately 6 acres of field, keep drive in shape, dig holes for fence posts and many other things. Since I started looking I have looked at every brand out there. I was leaning towards Kioti, but the only dealer around here quit selling them and went to Mahindra. I even have looked at Montana, JD, NH and others. In comparing all these models it appears the Farmtrac holds its own when I compared specs to the other brands. It specs out higher in areas such as 3 - pt lift capacity compared to others. Would they be measuring this from the same location as other tractor manufacturers? I am impressed with what I have seen so far and one dealer is even advertising 0% for 48 months. Any thoughts? Models I was looking at was a 30 HP and the 33 HP HST.

/ Farmtrac - For real? #2  
I looked at Farmtrac and wasnt impressed at all. JMHO. Service here with Kubota is 2nd to none.

/ Farmtrac - For real? #3  
Nissan197 said:
It specs out higher in areas such as 3 - pt lift capacity compared to others. Would they be measuring this from the same location as other tractor manufacturers?
Quite possibly. There are many posts that discuss this very question. Some manufacturers will measure from the location that makes their product appear superior while other manufacturers measure from the real usage location. Some people call this false advertising. You have to make sure that the specs you are comparing were all taken from the same measuring point. You have got to compare apples to apples.

/ Farmtrac - For real? #4  
The Farmtrac tractors are excellent as far as the LG/LS manufactured machines. You will find them to spec out very well to the competition. Since some poster here mentioned Kubota I will go there.

Kubota is a fine machine but once you start adding on all the features as options with their machine that comes standard on a Farmtrac 300DTC you will quickly see what a great value Farmtrac is with as good a quality IMHO.

I would definitly look at them very closely, their are a strong contender in this hp category.

Maka

/ Farmtrac - For real? #5  
A lot of companies list capabilities that are in my opinion "out of reach" for their class tractors. Mahindra is one of the biggest offenders, and I like the Mahindra's. Just take what your looking at with a grain of salt. Things aren't always as they seem.

The farmtrac 30 hp SS was only 1100.00 cheaper than I paid for my tc40a, here in tx. I think the farmtrac is a nice unit, I just didn't find the price to be right, even with the 2 remotes.

/ Farmtrac - For real? #6  
It's too bad your Kioti dealer is closing. I have the DK35 and it is one great unit. I'd see if you can locate anouther dealer in your area. Go to the Kioti website and use the zip code feature to see if you can find a dealer nearby.

/ Farmtrac - For real? #7  
Nissan197 - I don't know if you got my PM or not. But we are a Kioti dealer in Kansas and sell alot of tractors up around the KC area. I have one going their today. Also service alot of tractors in that area.

/ Farmtrac - For real? #8  
Nissan197 said:
In comparing all these models it appears the Farmtrac holds its own when I compared specs to the other brands. It specs out higher in areas such as 3 - pt lift capacity compared to others. Would they be measuring this from the same location as other tractor manufacturers?
MadReferee said:
Quite possibly. . . Some people call this false advertising. . . You have got to compare apples to apples.
Farmtrac, at least on their modern compact tractors, measures the 3pt capacity at 24" behind the ball eyes (which is a good place to measure because every implement I've ever seen carries its weight well behind the ball eyes) :)

Unfortunately they measure their FEL capacities at the "pivot point" (which inflates the usable capacity by roughly 30% and could easily be considered as a measurement point that is intentionally misleading the consumer). :mad:

/ Farmtrac - For real? #9  
The 30 hp Mahindra is made in Japan by Mitsubishi and is an excellent tractor. I have the 2015 hst and with 160 hrs am very pleased. JohnJ

/ Farmtrac - For real? #10  
jwnge said:
The 30 hp Mahindra is made in Japan by Mitsubishi and is an excellent tractor.
It is possible that they are excellent tractors, but when it comes to the original posters question about manufacturers providing inflated specs to make their tractors look stronger than they are, Mahindra (at least the last time I checked) provided the most misleading specs for their capacities for both the 3pt and the FEL capacities. Further, whenever I corrected for the inflated specs they used, the calculated capacities were often lower than the capacities of similar tractors from competing brands. :eek: