what hydo fluid for Farmtrac 360??

/ what hydo fluid for Farmtrac 360?? #1  

rogdan

Gold Member
Tractor
Farmtrac 360 DTC TLB
I broke a connector on the FEL yesterday and lost enough hydro that it doesn't register on the dipstick today. I am lost on hydaulic/transmission fluids and the manual states only to use "conoco tractor hydraulic fluid"
This sounds like a commercial, are there not different weights, formulations ect???
Also when I get the hose fixed and back on what kind of trouble am I looking at with air in the system? any way to avoid this?
I hope to but after work today to get back to work this weekend so any quick responses are much appreciated.

/ what hydo fluid for Farmtrac 360?? #3  
As long as the fluid is only used in the "hydraulic" system and does not lubricate gears, wet clutch's and brakes all you need is a hydraulic oil. It probably came filled with a ISO 32 / SAE 10 weight hydraulic oil. If it is used for anything other than strictly hydraulic's then you need a UTF (universal tractor fluid). The difference is that the UTF has additives for extreme preasure for transmission systems, higher additive levels of anti foam agents and anti chatter additives for wet clutch and brake systems.

/ what hydo fluid for Farmtrac 360?? #4  
My 270 FarmTrac hydraulic system is also common to the tranny gears. Not sure of the setup on yours, TSC had the Conoco Hyd/Tranny fluid when I changed mine.
John

/ what hydo fluid for Farmtrac 360?? #5  
DieselPower said:
As long as the fluid is only used in the "hydraulic" system and does not lubricate gears, wet clutch's and brakes all you need is a hydraulic oil. It probably came filled with a ISO 32 / SAE 10 weight hydraulic oil. If it is used for anything other than strictly hydraulic's then you need a UTF (universal tractor fluid). The difference is that the UTF has additives for extreme preasure for transmission systems, higher additive levels of anti foam agents and anti chatter additives for wet clutch and brake systems.

Since his tractor said to use "conoco tractor hydraulic fluid" .. that implies it wants a UTF.. not a AW 32/46... If it is a common sump tractor.. it's not even worth guessing.. UTF is safer bet..

Soundguy

/ what hydo fluid for Farmtrac 360?? #6  
UTF------transdraulic fluid only!!!!!!!!!

J.M.H.

/ what hydo fluid for Farmtrac 360??
Belated thanks, I was finally able to reach my dealer and confirm UTF- tractor/hydraulic fluid.

/ what hydo fluid for Farmtrac 360?? #8  
I'm having a similar problem on my FT 535. Having added the tractor fluid how do I get air out of the system?

They power steering assist and three point hitch hydraulics are common. My steering is better but the position control for the hitch is more or less stuck in mid-position.

I'd be grateful for some thoughts.

/ what hydo fluid for Farmtrac 360?? #9  
run the 535 and cycle the loader and or hitch. check the speed control on the right side down by heal and make sure it is turned to the + all the way. let the tractor set overnight and the air should surface.

Does the oil appear miky it may hay water in it.:eek:

/ what hydo fluid for Farmtrac 360?? #10  
One thing to say about those who really want to have a good life out of their tractor trans. and hydraulic systems..... NEVER use the generic oils from the big store front. The wear properties are extremely poor at best. Spend the extra little bit of money and buy a good quality Hyd. oil from your tractor dealer or local oil company. The "cheap" oil you buy from the big stores is very hard on the bearings and seals not to mention the pumps. You have spent a bunch of money on the purchase of your tractors so don't try to pinch pennies when it comes to maintenance.