Farmtrac Tractors

/ Farmtrac Tractors #1  

Nissan197

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3215 4WD
Another post reference Farmtracs. I have read all the responses on some of the other posts. I went and looked at some Farmtracs today and have a few questions that I forgot to ask the dealer. I looked at the 270DTC, 320DTC and the 360 DTC. Is the 300 DTC and 330 HST still made or is the Farmtrac website outdated? The specs (hydraulic lifting capacity) on a 300 DTC show to be higher compared to the 320 DTC. I did not see any other 4WD models on the lot besides the ones listed. $13,700 for a 320 DTC w/fel and $16,000 for a 360 DTC w/fel. These prices sound good? These prices are using the 0% for 48 months. Thanks for any responses.

/ Farmtrac Tractors #2  
Those prices are amazing. The 300DTC is still in production, the 330HST is not. The 300 & 360 are built on the same platform, the 270 & 320 are on another platform. So although the 320 has more hp the 300 is a much more capable tractor.

/ Farmtrac Tractors
Okay, went to another dealer today who is approximately 50 miles closer than the one I went to a few days ago. His prices were around $1,400 more on a 300 DTC. Unfortunately neither dealer has a 300 DTC on his lot. It would have to be ordered or picked up from a dealer who has one. Have not had a chance to drive one yet. I need some opinions on the following models: 270 DTC; 300 DTC; 320 DTC; 360 DTC. Prices range from $13,000 for the 270 and go up to $16,000 for the 360. All these have a FEL, Ind. tires.

Uses: Have 10 acres (mostly flat) that I plan on building a house on by the end of Spring (starting hopefully in April, 07). The tractor will be used to assist in building, landscaping, maintaining gravel drive, fencing, finish mowing, brush cutting, and who knows what else. Once the house is built I plan on putting up a shed and I plan on doing the groundwork myself. Also, at least a couple years down the road might have some small livestock such as goats. I am leaning towards the 300 DTC because of the extra HP over the 270. It does not have as much as the 320, but the lifting capacity is quite a bit more. The 300 sits on the same chasis as the 360. 300 also has a 4 cylinder compared to a 3 cylinder. The 360 would run me approximately $1,300 more than the 300. Don't know if the extra HP is really needed for the tasks I have. I would think the 300 is plenty for what I plan on, but I would like opinions since I have never owned a tractor.

I was also looking at other brands, but the 0% for 48 months is very attractive on the Farmtracs. Supposedly this is running until stock is gone or through the end of the year. I plan on having the tractor I buy for a very, very long time so resale is not important to me.

Opinions on the listed models please.

Thanks for the help.

/ Farmtrac Tractors #4  
I have the Montana 3040 which is basically the same machine as the 300dtc. I have really enjoyed maintaining my drive with it, horse pen maintenance and using it as a overgrown wheel barell. I have not found a need for more horse power, I spin tires before needing more power.

When I compared the 3040 to the 3240 the 3040 was a much more capable machine in weights and like you said lift capacity and the 3240 only had one set of remotes were the 3040 had two sets standard.

Good Luck in your Tractor Purchase.

/ Farmtrac Tractors #5  
I have had a 300 DTC with fel since June.I have worked it very hard so far and it is a very capable machine.I think you might like it.
Get the rear tires filled.

/ Farmtrac Tractors #6  
I agree, the 300DTC I believe is the machine for you. The capability of the machine compared to the 270/320 is well worth the extra $ especially for your considerations. Good luck and keep us posted!

/ Farmtrac Tractors #7  
I have a 270dtc and have been very impressed by it. I pulled a 3x14 moldboard plow in H1 and it hardly complained. Everyone was telling me I would need to take some bottoms off. I have filled industrial tires. I recommed having the tires filled, your not going to take the time to put a weight box on. I have a new house on 11 acers and we are planning to have a barn and horses on it next year. I have been disking and preping the land for lawn and pasture. I was bush hogging some pasture that has been growing for about three years and until I hit the stand of saplings I could not go fast enough to bog down the tractor. The only thing I would want added to the 270 is some rear remotes. Beyond that I have not had any reason to need a bigger tractor. See if NewToy chimes in, he got a 270 about hte same time I did and has put many more hours on it.

Eric

/ Farmtrac Tractors #8  
N-197, I looked at a bunch of tractors and settled on the 270 for price and capability. It also had one of the roomiest operators platforms for tractors of like size. I'm 6'2" and have no trouble getting on and off. I found the Kubota's to be awfully cramped and a whole lot more money. I have 240+ hrs and no problems. It has been a fine little tractor for me. I'm sure the 300 and 330's and the others are great tractors as well but I also found them to be cramped getting on and off. Also, they were more tractor than I actually needed. I have been clearing a bunch of trees and I have never been lacking power with my 270. It's been good for tilling my garden and running my 60" finish mower on my 5+ acres. I also maintain a 600' drive and push snow for all the relatives here in the winter. I would buy it all over again without a second thought.
John