Farmtrac 360DTC air filter

/ Farmtrac 360DTC air filter #1  

lewishope

Tractor
farmtrac 360DTC
The owner's manual says there are two air filters. Primary air filter & safety air filter. The manual says the primary air filter should be cleaned and reused. The safety filter should always be replaced "Always replace the safety filter element, do not attempt to clean it."

The dealer was unfamiliar with the terminology of safety/primary. He refered to inner/outer. He said the both need to be replaced ALWAYS. They are disposable paper filters... never to be reused.

The manual says the primary filter can be cleaned with soap and water. Can't imagine you'd clean a paper filter with soap and water.

I'm thinking the safety filter maybe has an inner and outer portion and the primary filter is either a screen or foam filter upstream of it.

I know I should probably have taken a few minutes to look....but I'm at work and I just got curious. anybody have any insight into this for me?

Also is there any place on the web that you can buy these filters?

thanks!!

/ Farmtrac 360DTC air filter #2  
LG/LS sent out a service bullitin that the inner filter is no longer needed and in fact without performance is far better. I would only use an outter from this point forward. Use Donaldson outter P821575 and call it good.

Maka

/ Farmtrac 360DTC air filter
I have taken them apart. And the Inner fiter does appear to be some kind of nylon (or someother synthetic fiber)....But it says "Do not clean, Replace only" on the filter. I put another new one in it. I had already bought. And I'm kinda leery of leaving off filters.

Interesting that the owner's manual said they are cleanable and reusable.

I would like to see that service bulletin. Any Idea where to find it.

/ Farmtrac 360DTC air filter #4  
I have copies of the service bulletins. I can fax if you want.

Maka