opinions on Farmtrac

/ opinions on Farmtrac #11  
Charolais said:
The company in general has been great for me. I have a great dealer to go along with that also. They have worked together and aim to please.

I have a Farmtrac 80. Bought it in 04. The numbers have changed since and 80 is a 675 now. My first request from Farmtrac was a belly drawbar. I have a JD 820 moco and the tongue hitch for that machine would not fit the curved step on the Farmtrac drawbar. So Farmtrac sent me a brand new Ford straight drawbar and I swapped mine for the one they sent. No charge.

Last year I had one loader lift cylinder that started to leak a little. Called my dealer to get a packing kit ordered for that cylinder. My dealer called back and told me to come there and pick up two new cylinders and bring both lift cylinders off of my loader. I said whoa. How much $$$? He said Farmtrac was going to upgrade my cylinders with the newer style. No charge. I was grinning all the way there and back.

My 80 was one of the first to leave the new plant in Tarboro. After I ran the tractor some I found air in the hydraulic system. My dealer called Farmtrac and they got right to work on the problem. After answering some questions and giving them a little time they came up with a solution. The upgrade kit came in and my dealer sent his mechanic out and replaced the dump tube in my driveway. No charge and they changed all new production over to the upgrade.

When Farmtrac found they had a problem with the shuttle shift linkage they called me and told me to drill in the tube and add two grease fittings. Took me all of 5 minutes and cost me two grease fitting. It sure made it shift easier too. I hadn't asked or reported a problem with the shuttle shift for my tractor. They just called to let me know.

I can't ask for better service. They have been great and back what they sell. And as I've posted before my dealer has a lot to do with this. But Farmtrac has backed him up too.

The only thing I didn't like about the tractor was the front tires. They were low quality Goodyear tires. I wore them out in 300 hours. I do a lot of loader work and on the highway as well with some of that work. A 6 ply tire is not heavy enough for that size tractor with a loader. So I put 8 ply Firestone 4 ribs on. That was out of my pocket.

When I trade my older tractor it'll be for a Farmtrac. They make a good product and back it up too. I also like the fact when Farmtrac sees a problem they jump on it and make a correction and use it on the production line. To me that's problem solving at it's best.

can you elabortate more on the Goodyear front tires you replaced? the reason I ask is because I have been debating between a JD 5003 series and a JD 5005 series. the 5003 series come with Goodyear tires and the 5005 come with Firestone. My current tractor has Firestone. just wondering if the 5003 series had the same type of tire your Farmtrac had.

/ opinions on Farmtrac #12  
My 360 TLB is just about to its first birthday with about 160 of hard worked hours on the meter. I have had no mechanical issues but have added a 1/2 quart of oil to the crankcase and topped off the water twice. Better than half the hours have been loader hours and many of those moving that wet heavy greasy clay that we are cursed with here. I am with others that the BH is weak but don't know the basis of this. I also use a 6' Farmtrac finish mower and off brand 5' rotary cutter around the farm. This has been a good general purpose tractor to do work at my new house site, mow the lawn and keep brush down around the farm. One year is not enough to test reliability but I am out of the gate anyway, I thought about doing a review but only if is a template and not generating the entire post and criteria myself.
I went with Farmtrac because; 1) best dealer 2) best price 4) almost best warranty 3) best financing

/ opinions on Farmtrac #13  
Well, ive only had my 300 DTC for about 2 months. So far i only have 40 or so hours in it, but I have been totaly pleased. This tractor is the same as the 360 your considering, but it comes with the smaller 30hp mitsubishi engine. As far as im concerned its a very good machine. When the tractor came in, they had put the larger tires on it that normally come on the 360, and they didnt charge extra. I was very pleased. Thanks again to all those folks that gave me advice.

Gator

/ opinions on Farmtrac #14  
Mailman17 said:
One of the following two : 360DTC or 665DTC . I meant the company in general .

Hey Mailman, why such the big difference in tractor models??

KB

/ opinions on Farmtrac #15  
RollingsFarms said:
can you elabortate more on the Goodyear front tires you replaced? the reason I ask is because I have been debating between a JD 5003 series and a JD 5005 series. the 5003 series come with Goodyear tires and the 5005 come with Firestone. My current tractor has Firestone. just wondering if the 5003 series had the same type of tire your Farmtrac had.

The Goodyear tires that came on my Farmtrac had very soft rubber. The highway that runs through my farm leans enough for good water drainage that the tires were going away fast if I had anything over 1000 pounds on the loader. So the right tire wore faster than the left. I sawped sides with the tires and it still wore the right side more. I sonetimes have to feed cows about 1/4 mile from the hay barn and carry one roll on the rear and two on the loader. I could run 56 psi (way more than they were rated) with one ton on the front and the tire wall was like like jelly. I ran the Goodyears until I got afraid one would blow out with a load on it and perhaps make the tractor roll over.

I bought the two 8ply Firestones and put them on. Didn't make any adj. to the tow-end and they are wearing fine. I can lift 2,600 pounds now and don't have to worry about a tire rolling off the rim.

I prefer Firestones anyway. Back in the day when we were turning dirt for row crop farming it was hard to beat Firestone tire. Front or rear. Long bar short bar always worked best in our soil and that was for Goodyear and Firestone.

/ opinions on Farmtrac #16  
thcri said:
My mistake.

murph

Hey murph I did see one of the models at Northern that has a Perkins engine now. I think it's the same as one Farmtrac uses now. So the quality may be getting better on those tractors.

/ opinions on Farmtrac #17  
TxGator said:
Well, ive only had my 300 DTC for about 2 months. So far i only have 40 or so hours in it, but I have been totaly pleased. This tractor is the same as the 360 your considering, but it comes with the smaller 30hp mitsubishi engine. As far as im concerned its a very good machine. When the tractor came in, they had put the larger tires on it that normally come on the 360, and they didnt charge extra. I was very pleased. Thanks again to all those folks that gave me advice.

Gator

I saw one on my dealers lot with the larger tires. Now that's a BAD looking tractor!!!!! I like the way that looks.

/ opinions on Farmtrac #18  
Charolais said:
I saw one on my dealers lot with the larger tires. Now that's a BAD looking tractor!!!!! I like the way that looks.
If I remember correctly the dealer told me they were R8 tires, not the standard industrial tires. They definitly have a more aggressive bite than the standard tires. I was told they were a 700-800$ upgrade. I just wish the tractor had a locking front Diferential, but maybe thats just the 4 wheeler in me.

Gator

/ opinions on Farmtrac #19  
Charolais said:
Hey murph I did see one of the models at Northern that has a Perkins engine now. I think it's the same as one Farmtrac uses now. So the quality may be getting better on those tractors.

I think the larger Nortracs (Foton) use the Chinese built Perkins designed engines. I wonder if the quality will be as good as the UK built engines?

KB

/ opinions on Farmtrac #20  
KrumpsBrother said:
I think the larger Nortracs (Foton) use the Chinese built Perkins designed engines. I wonder if the quality will be as good as the UK built engines?

KB

I thought the Chinese/Perkins relationship dissolved. You know how it appears to be in China, what's a patent? What's a license?