Why we do foodplots

/ Why we do foodplots #11  
Really, Is there any research being spent on the wasting of the whitetail deer? Food plots do help with growing a better looking group of deer..ie some with larger horns..

/ Why we do foodplots #12  
This subject reminds me of the farmer asking advice from the hunter......"How can I keep the deer out of my garden..??"

Hunters response.."Easy, Plant one garden for you and one garden for the deer..!!"

BTW, Food plot or not....That's a really nice deer....:thumbsup:

/ Why we do foodplots
This is a real touchy subject here in N.Y.. Don't believe me, go on some of the N.Y. hunting forums. See, N.Y. law says no feeding or baiting of deer. The feeding , because of CWD or mad cow disease, which seems to be in check. They believed it was spread through to close of contact with other deer when being human fed. Baiting has never been allowed. Food plots are grown to draw deer in. They are legal in N.Y.. Kind of a double standard. We have no pheasants unless the state releases them for hunting. The ones release don't survive the winters anymore. The ringneck was the old time pheasant of the 70's here. They say it lack of habitat, I question that. I think because less are raised by groups like 4-H club kids. We use to raise 98 birds and release on the farm. Always had pheasants.

If you put it on the ground it's baiting, put it in the ground and it's fine. CDW probably is spread faster through feeding bins rather than plots. I am a member of Pheasants forever and habitat is a sore subject.

Here in Pa. they brought in pheasants from montana and closed the area off from hunting. But when doing flushing surveys it's become obvious that the state didn't plant enough food for the cover and what they did plant was eaten by deer and the biologist doing the surveys walk the cover at such a brisk rate that you know your dog would have been on a few more birds.

Now if you try raising pheasants in pa. don't expect any from the state. To get pheasants from them you have to provide them with so much space per bird that it's crazy. To raise 98 birds you would have to have an area half the size of a football field to meet their requirements. They started that in the 70's and it stopped sportsmans clubs from doing it.