Deer Stands

/ Deer Stands #21  
Last Friday we acquired two old truck sleepers to make into deer blinds and spent the weekend gutting them (hard, dirty work). Monday we ordered two 48x12 and two 12x12 Deer View fold up glass windows for each. The units are each 5'x8'.

One is planned to go on an 8-10' tower, the other on a trailer. Each has a locking door.

We're a 62/59 couple and I love that she likes sitting in the stand with me (unlike my first wife). We'll be comfortable, regardless of the weather, with a heater and swivel/tilt office chairs.

The adventures continue.

Attachments

• IMG_2759.jpg
    IMG_2759.jpg
    992.8 KB · Views: 5,013
  • IMG_2761.jpg
    IMG_2761.jpg
    957.9 KB · Views: 2,068
   / Deer Stands #22  
I was just thinking and planning out two stands for next year. I want to make one close to the house, for a tree house/deer stand for my daughter and I want to put another box stand where I hunt.
the links that I found helpful so far are
A DIY guide on building a box blind - hunting blind, deer blind
Anyone build their own elevated box blind?
Elevated Deer Blind
Need help with an elevated hunting blind

If anyone has anyother helpful links please post them, I am finding a lot of rifle, but I am getting stuck in planning the openings for archery.

/ Deer Stands #24  
If you have a place near that buys up warehouse fixtures pallet racks are cheap. A pair of 14' x 8" x 2ス' racks with stringers cost me $100. Basically I built a garden shed and but it on the pallet rackes. Locked the stringers in place o nthe uprights with bolts and anchored the building to the stringres with L shaped brackets. Very sturdy and quite (a have a little boy that likes to move around a lot too)

Attachments

• IMG00219-20111008-1518.jpg
    IMG00219-20111008-1518.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 6,169
   / Deer Stands #26  
I have a little over twenty acres in Pennsylvania behind my house. When I bought the place my neighbor already had a deer stand in the prime location and I let him keep on hunting there. He passed away a few years ago and I am finally getting to hunt there. I decided I wanted the deer stand of my dreams and I have got a good start on it. It is 16 feet high and 8 foot square.
292387_480480325314552_1673854348_n.jpg

/ Deer Stands #28  
If you have a place near that buys up warehouse fixtures pallet racks are cheap. A pair of 14' x 8" x 2ス' racks with stringers cost me $100. Basically I built a garden shed and but it on the pallet rackes. Locked the stringers in place o nthe uprights with bolts and anchored the building to the stringres with L shaped brackets. Very sturdy and quite (a have a little boy that likes to move around a lot too)

How do you anchor that to the ground?? Just curious as I am planning one with similar pallet racks.

/ Deer Stands #29  
Cajunpride,

Would it be possible to see some pics of the 4x6 boxs that you built? Thanks!

David

/ Deer Stands #30  
stand.jpgstand1.jpg
Hi,
I've been looking to build a elevated deer blind to comfortably fit two people for next deer season. My son is getting old enough to come hunting and i need a stand he can hunt in with me. I've looked at the two person ladder stands but i feel like i can build a more comfortable blind for the price of one or cheaper. Does anyone have any pictures or any ideas for building one. I've got a basic plan but any input would help. Thanks, Josh

Wilkesjb10... I did the same thing recently. I built a 4' x 8' box frame using 2"x6" PT frame and then 2"x4" PT joists. The flooring was 3/4 CDX plywood. The walls were basic framed 2x4 framing studs and were 6' high to allow me to stand up and stretch. I have a 30" wide door in the center on the back side. There are shooting windows all the way around the hinge up to provide shading and protection from rain. The inside is carpeted with black executive back office chairs. The roof is a brown Ondura that has about 14" overhang front and rear... not real noisy during rain like tin would be. I did use the Levolor brackets and used 12' PT 4x4s for height. The windows are 14" in height (only planned to rifle hunt out of). I painted the bottom of the 4x4s with exterior green paint. To anchor the stand I installed forged eye-bolts through the levolor brackets and linked chain coming to a center point underneath and then used a huge camo ratchet strap (30k lb I think) to a 4' hurricane anchor sunk in 800 lbs of concrete.

Last edited: