Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tractor
    massey ferguson 1155

Default Re: Deer Stands

-image-jpg

This is my shooting house 8x8 over looking a alfalfa field and a vetch,buckwheat,groundhog turnip,and clover food plot.
    Massey Ferguson 1150 open station,Massey 1155 cab. Massey 383 open station bushhog loader,Massey 4270 fwd cab mf1470 loader,Massey 1745 roll baler,Massey #12 square baler m&w v-rake new idea 1409 discbine vicon 2800 disc mower.

Tractor
    2007 New Holland TC34DA

Here is mine, also 8x8, tarp walls and roof stretched over a wood and EMT frame:
    -007-jpg

Construction is described in
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/p...-platform.html

Tractor
    JD-2640

Thought I would share a couple of pictures of my dream deer stand. Hunted it last year and was it ever comfortable! I welded up a metal frame out of 2" pipe and anchored it in concrete. I then built a 5' x 8' box with a 2' porch. Base is treated 2 x 8 with 3/4" plywood floor. Used 2 x 3" studs from Lowe's to frame it up. Put 1/2" plywood roof and covered that with a fire & ice like stick on rubberized material and then put 29 gauge metal roof over that. Since the picture, I added railings to porch area. I put a Mr buddy heater inside with a 5 gal propane bottle on the porch. Found 2 office chairs for $40 each and put carpet on the floor and shooting bench. The windows are sliders from an outfit that I found in the Louisiana Sportsman magazine. Got about $900 tied up in the stand. Base was notched to accept my forks to lift the stand onto the frame and then bolted it down. Plan to use this one for a long time.-new-deer-stand-jpg-inside-new-box-stand-jpg
    1978 JD-2640 with Bush Hog Loader w/ bucket. 7' 3 pt Disk, 7' BB, 7' Bionic blade 6'Bushhog, PHD, 3 pt seeder and various trailers.
    Just built a set of pallet forks for the loader.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    LS U5030C w/FEL

BayouMan, exceptional job, especially at that price.

My two big ones still in progress, took awhile to get the aluminum welder lined up.
    LS U5030C w/FEL, Bush Hog 307, Modern 7' industrial grade box blade w/hydraulic rippers, Rhino SPHD PHD, 48" Wildkat grapple, 72" Ratchet Rake, 6' King Kutter II tiller, 10' International Disk with hydraulic lift, 7' Vulcan double axle cultipacker, 76" W.R. Long bucket tooth bar.

Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

Here is the thread of my tower build http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/r...and-today.html

It is 8x8 and is set about 7.5' to the floor. Just high enough to see the entire field.

-forumrunner_20120907_215821-png

-forumrunner_20121026_182147-png

God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tractor
    TM233

-raisingstand0412-jpg-tree-stand1-jpg

Son and I built this 4X6 (with a 2' "porch") on the ground and then pulled up into position. Finished with guidewires and ground anchors. Overlooks a 75'X100' food plot. Took two nice bucks during blackpowder (rut season) from it. Seats two but it's a little tight.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    2012 John Deere 3720 eHydro

I've taken grief about the total lack of camouflage but the deer are used to it and it's not likely someone would shoot at it not knowing what it was. The first one doesn't provide a lot of leg room but is comfortable for two, is carpeted and has a heater.

-dsc01446-jpg

This one went in last summer. It is quite comfortable with a lot of legroom while sitting in the shortened office chair along with a battery/solar powered blanket.

-img-20120915-00069-jpg

It has a nice view as well.

-r3-jpg

I took a deer out of each blind this year.

Tractor
    Kioti DK 35; IH 574, Ranger 700 XP, Arctic Cat 500 TRV, Arctic Cat 400 FIS, Kawasaki 250 Bayou, Yamaha 200 BW.

Here is one of mine. It overlooks a hedge between two bean fields and also has a food plot beside the main fields. The Mrs got a nice doe from it in it's first year of operation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0019-jpg  
    "Life is tough. It's tougher when you are stupid". John Wayne

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3130 DT

Most of our stands are simple ladder stands, or built into the tree with no walls or roof. But, we had some surplus scaffolding that we used to erect one about 15 years ago in southeastern Virginia. We built a sturdy floor, and wrapped the top in burlap. A hurricane blew it over years later so we rebuilt it 3 years ago. This time I anchored it, and used guide wires from each top corner since the floor is at 15'. We added walls and a roof (extra heighth to allow bowhunting) by building each section on the ground and hoisting them up - wasn't easy. These photos were taken before we added some camo to the walls. It has survived 3 major hurricanes since rebuilding it. Several "monsters" have been harvested.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -hpim1769-jpg   -hpim1770-jpg  

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota MX5100F IH McCormick Farmall 140, Massey Ferguson 135

I bought an 8x12 used storage metal building (a Leonard building) then cut it in half, enclosed the open side and installed windows. Then I raised it on to 5 foot legs. It is light enough to move with the loader on my tractor but with a 5 degree tilt on the legs wind doesn't blow them over. It took half a day to move and half a day to construct each. With a small heater they are toasty in cold weather. I don't have photos but can get some in a coupe of days

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast