Deer Stands

/ Deer Stands #31  
image.jpg

This is my shooting house 8x8 over looking a alfalfa field and a vetch,buckwheat,groundhog turnip,and clover food plot.

/ Deer Stands #33  
Thought I would share a couple of pictures of my dream deer stand. Hunted it last year and was it ever comfortable! I welded up a metal frame out of 2" pipe and anchored it in concrete. I then built a 5' x 8' box with a 2' porch. Base is treated 2 x 8 with 3/4" plywood floor. Used 2 x 3" studs from Lowe's to frame it up. Put 1/2" plywood roof and covered that with a fire & ice like stick on rubberized material and then put 29 gauge metal roof over that. Since the picture, I added railings to porch area. I put a Mr buddy heater inside with a 5 gal propane bottle on the porch. Found 2 office chairs for $40 each and put carpet on the floor and shooting bench. The windows are sliders from an outfit that I found in the Louisiana Sportsman magazine. Got about $900 tied up in the stand. Base was notched to accept my forks to lift the stand onto the frame and then bolted it down. Plan to use this one for a long time.New deer stand.jpgInside new box stand.jpg

/ Deer Stands #34  
BayouMan, exceptional job, especially at that price.

My two big ones still in progress, took awhile to get the aluminum welder lined up.

/ Deer Stands #35  
   / Deer Stands #36  
RaisingStand0412.jpgtree stand1.jpg

Son and I built this 4X6 (with a 2' "porch") on the ground and then pulled up into position. Finished with guidewires and ground anchors. Overlooks a 75'X100' food plot. Took two nice bucks during blackpowder (rut season) from it. Seats two but it's a little tight.

/ Deer Stands #37  
I've taken grief about the total lack of camouflage but the deer are used to it and it's not likely someone would shoot at it not knowing what it was. The first one doesn't provide a lot of leg room but is comfortable for two, is carpeted and has a heater.

DSC01446.JPG

This one went in last summer. It is quite comfortable with a lot of legroom while sitting in the shortened office chair along with a battery/solar powered blanket.

IMG-20120915-00069.jpg

It has a nice view as well.

r3.jpg

I took a deer out of each blind this year.

/ Deer Stands #38  
Here is one of mine. It overlooks a hedge between two bean fields and also has a food plot beside the main fields. The Mrs got a nice doe from it in it's first year of operation.

Attachments

• IMG_0019.jpg
    IMG_0019.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 524
   / Deer Stands #39  
Most of our stands are simple ladder stands, or built into the tree with no walls or roof. But, we had some surplus scaffolding that we used to erect one about 15 years ago in southeastern Virginia. We built a sturdy floor, and wrapped the top in burlap. A hurricane blew it over years later so we rebuilt it 3 years ago. This time I anchored it, and used guide wires from each top corner since the floor is at 15'. We added walls and a roof (extra heighth to allow bowhunting) by building each section on the ground and hoisting them up - wasn't easy. These photos were taken before we added some camo to the walls. It has survived 3 major hurricanes since rebuilding it. Several "monsters" have been harvested.

Attachments

• HPIM1769.jpg
    HPIM1769.jpg
    865.9 KB · Views: 556
  • HPIM1770.jpg
    HPIM1770.jpg
    743.8 KB · Views: 643
   / Deer Stands #40  
I bought an 8x12 used storage metal building (a Leonard building) then cut it in half, enclosed the open side and installed windows. Then I raised it on to 5 foot legs. It is light enough to move with the loader on my tractor but with a 5 degree tilt on the legs wind doesn't blow them over. It took half a day to move and half a day to construct each. With a small heater they are toasty in cold weather. I don't have photos but can get some in a coupe of days