Soil Sample

/ Soil Sample #1  

lakngulf

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30
I decided to run a soil sample of some of the plot locations and my garden. Here are the results. What does this tell me?

Attachments

• soilsummary.JPG
    soilsummary.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 286
  • soilcomments.JPG
    soilcomments.JPG
    188 KB · Views: 242
   / Soil Sample #2  
Just kinda depends on what you plan on growing on the different fields. A pH of 7.0 is neutral. Yours are not bad for most crops, except alfalfa. Lab 13476, the garden pH is good for any crop (6.7). Except for soybeans, you almost always sidedress some Nitrogen (N) with a new seeding. Your P and K look good except for the bull pen, which has strawy manure in it (don't know, just assuming). The pH of 5.2 is acidic, good for blueberries and brambles, not good for clovers (Lab 13475). Most of your fields are high or very high in P and K, so you don't really need any fertilizer except starter for seed germination until the roots get started. Just depends on your plans for this years' crops. Enjoy.

/ Soil Sample #3  
Decide which of your crops need the least fertilizers and amendments for the soil condition. Depending on your crop size and area covered of course.
Plant you smallest crops in the soils that need the most help. Depending on the area covered.