New food plot for this year

/ New food plot for this year #2  
Nice clearing and appears to be an ideal spot. Hopefully you will receive ample rain after planting. Best wishes.

/ New food plot for this year #3  
Been there! My plots started out like that and I have been enlarging them for years, still not done! Up to about 10 acres I have cleared and plant. It is relaxing and satisfying work for me. Along with management like letting some does live and not shooting the younger bucks, things ares beginning to pay off. A biggie was getting my neighbors on board. When you start seeing bigger and better deer you will know you are on the right path. Good luck!

/ New food plot for this year #4  
Looks like a good start !
Try gettin one with a crossbow. ;)

Boone

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    526.6 KB · Views: 360
   / New food plot for this year
Storm56 said:
Been there! My plots started out like that and I have been enlarging them for years, still not done! Up to about 10 acres I have cleared and plant. It is relaxing and satisfying work for me. Along with management like letting some does live and not shooting the younger bucks, things ares beginning to pay off. A biggie was getting my neighbors on board. When you start seeing bigger and better deer you will know you are on the right path. Good luck!

This is our 8th plot in our woods. Not counting our corn field.
phone1431.jpg

phone1447.jpg

This was last years photo but looks even better after we planted it again this year

/ New food plot for this year #6  
Lookin GOOD!

/ New food plot for this year #7  
Here is my new one this year. I had to start a bit later than usual but.... I used my backhoe to uproot thorny ash, hawthorne, etc and then turned over about 1/2 acre of clay about 18" deep. De-stoned and de-rooted the bigger stuff. Disced then broadcast oats and re-disced and rolled, then clover, alfalfa and other seed from warehouse floor sweepings then rolled and waited for rain. Been about a month now. We had a dry spell but also the occaisional down-pour during rogue thunderstorms.

Attachments

• PICT00012.JPG
    PICT00012.JPG
    752.9 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
   / New food plot for this year #8  
Avondale said:
Here is my new one this year. I had to start a bit later than usual but.... I used my backhoe to uproot thorny ash, hawthorne, etc and then turned over about 1/2 acre of clay about 18" deep. De-stoned and de-rooted the bigger stuff. Disced then broadcast oats and re-disced and rolled, then clover, alfalfa and other seed from warehouse floor sweepings then rolled and waited for rain. Been about a month now. We had a dry spell but also the occaisional down-pour during rogue thunderstorms.

What did you use to roll your plot?