Yellow Jackets!!!

/ Yellow Jackets!!! #11  
That's a novel idea. Never really thought of that.

I just use gasoline.

Yes - a vac is good if you have power - most of ours dont make nests within 100' of a power outlet - gotta teach them bees to live closer..

/ Yellow Jackets!!! #12  
Hateful little bastages. I kill every one I can. Not only do they sting (repeatedly) but they bite while they sting.

/ Yellow Jackets!!! #14  
That's a novel idea. Never really thought of that.

I just use gasoline.

I would have, but my wife thought that burning gasoline in the attic would make a mess.
She was probably right, but I'm not saying so. ;-)

/ Yellow Jackets!!!
I would have, but my wife thought that burning gasoline in the attic would make a mess.
She was probably right, but I'm not saying so. ;-)

Reminds me of a guy that used to work at our company that used a .357 to dispatch mice in his house...

I was back out in that field again Tuesday and there were still a number of those little bastages flying around. I would've thought that 38 degree temps would have beat them into submission. I guess we need a frost.

I also found a number of other holes of theirs too as we scouted out this property. They dig a much larger cavity that I would've thought they would. Every one that I found that had yellow jackets flying around it was a hole approaching the size of a soccer ball. I wonder how long it takes them to hollow out a hole that size? Where they go into the ground may not be that big, I didn't get that close, but the hole that contains the entrance was pretty large. I don't like them but I find their habitat and social order interesting...

/ Yellow Jackets!!! #16  
Mothballs are easier and safer than gas. Use a shovel or hoe to toss some in from a distance, or go at night.

Also, just for the record, yellowjackets are wasps, not bees.

/ Yellow Jackets!!! #18  
. . . I also found a number of other holes of theirs too as we scouted out this property. They dig a much larger cavity that I would've thought they would. Every one that I found that had yellow jackets flying around it was a hole approaching the size of a soccer ball. I wonder how long it takes them to hollow out a hole that size? Where they go into the ground may not be that big, I didn't get that close, but the hole that contains the entrance was pretty large. I don't like them but I find their habitat and social order interesting...
The largest yellow jacket nest I've ever seen was about 2'x2'. I found it while clearing fence row with a bulldozer. :eek: I was stung numerous times. Not much fun.
Went back about 4am with my gas can - - game over!!

/ Yellow Jackets!!! #19  
The largest yellow jacket nest I've ever seen was about 2'x2'. I found it while clearing fence row with a bulldozer. :eek: I was stung numerous times. Not much fun.
Went back about 4am with my gas can - - game over!!
After being stung several times it puts me in the Scorched Earth method frame of mind.:)

/ Yellow Jackets!!! #20  
An electronic bug killer works great.

They try to sting it to death, but guess what.

They all die as crispy critters.