Yellow Jackets!!!

/ Yellow Jackets!!! #1  

MikeA57

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 1510
We were out last weekend cutting and discing our food plots at a new property and my buddy ran over a yellow jacket hive. He ended up getting stung about 8 times. My job was to come back behind him on my tractor and disc the area but it got too late that day so we're going back down there today and finish. I'm wondering if those bees will have gone back to the same spot and re-dug their hive in the ground or will them move somewhere else? Also, does anybody have any suggestions about getting away from them if they do attack again?

Thanks!

Mike

/ Yellow Jackets!!! #2  
Drop a gas bomb on their butts then light it.

/ Yellow Jackets!!! #3  
If you cover their hole they will excavate the dirt and be back in a matter of hours. Locate the hole during the day and flag it and return at dusk with a pint to quart of gas in a 2 liter coke bottle and upend into the hole.

Wait a bit and toss a match if you want but the gas should do the trick.

/ Yellow Jackets!!!
yep, they were still there. I avoided the hole and just disced and planted around it. I got within about 5 ft. of it and they bother me. I found another pit of them too. We're finished in that plot so we won't be back in there until the season opens anyway. They'll be sleeping by that time.

/ Yellow Jackets!!! #6  
Please don't forget. Yellow Jacket Nests have two holes. One is used more or less as an emergency exit. Just a thought.

/ Yellow Jackets!!! #7  
Those insects will be all over your deer if you hang it around there. Yellowjackets eat meat, and the sting hurts like ****.
Kill them now

/ Yellow Jackets!!! #8  
i always kill the nests as im deathly allergic (epi pens).. usually use metal coffee can and turn upside down on hole at night

/ Yellow Jackets!!! #9  
i always kill the nests as im deathly allergic (epi pens).. usually use metal coffee can and turn upside down on hole at night

Not a help in the field, but I had several (4) nests of yellow jackets around the house, with one on the attic.

After getting stung twice while working around the blue berry bushes, I had enough. Swollen to the elbow with a sting on the hand.

I set the intake to the shop vac at the hole catching both incoming, and out going. After a coupe hours on a sunny day, there were no flyers left.
Must have been a thousand per nest in the vac can the next day.

Worked for me.

cheers

/ Yellow Jackets!!! #10  
I set the intake to the shop vac at the hole catching both incoming, and out going. After a coupe hours on a sunny day, there were no flyers left.
Must have been a thousand per nest in the vac can the next day.

That's a novel idea. Never really thought of that.

I just use gasoline.