This years Deer

/ This years Deer #1  

Jeff Lary

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2950
Thought I would share my deer photos or a few. I shot him this am bout 8:30 about 30 miles from home but worth the trip.He is an 8 point and has a certified weight of 217 lbs Field dressed. That is one of the Knife's I make on the deer I make a new one for each season. Hope you all have a good enjoyable safe season Jeff IMG_0432.jpgIMG_0434.jpg

/ This years Deer #4  
Congratulations that is a very nice deer. Our season starts Nov 10th.

/ This years Deer
Well good luck to you,.. we started last Sarurday reg firearms ends Thanksgiving week I think ? then 2 weeks of black powder.

/ This years Deer #6  
That's a nice one, heavy too.
Congratulations.
No blood? No bullet holes? Did you scare him to death? Or give him a bath for his photo?
What did you shoot him with? Probably didn't go far eh?
You might need a taxidermist......

/ This years Deer #7  
Very Nice ! Would love to see a close up of the knife as well...congrats...

Rich

/ This years Deer
Thanks I shot him with my FN 98 Mauser in 30:06 with a 165 grn spbt @110 yards just behind the fwd shoulder and about 8 inchs down from the top of his back. One shot he actually flipped over backwards and drove his tines into the ground so far I had to pull up pretty good to flip him onto his side.
I have shot 3 just like him within 10 yards of this exact spot in the last 4 years( last year I got one about 198lbs 9 point a short ways away). There was about a tablespoon of blood on his hide and I wiped it off before the photo. As far as the knife goes, sure maybe tomorrow, My son and his wife are getting thier new modular home set in the am so maybe later on

/ This years Deer #10  
very nice deer. enjoyed seeing the photo. deer hunting is my passion. i hunt every day of the 2 week season since retiring. i enjoy still hunting and spending time observing wildlife.congratulations , wishing you continued luck in the coming years.