Princess auto atv disc

/ Princess auto atv disc #1  

Jordan9682

Silver Member
Tractor
New holland 9682
I'm interested in those little 33" atv discs from princess auto. Has anyone used these? I've heard they're too light and need weight added, that's not a problem for me. How well do they kill weeds? Overall are they worth $400?

/ Princess auto atv disc #2  
I have a king kutter that may be the same as what you are describing. They work surprisingly well. You have to make quite a few passes but they definitwly work.

/ Princess auto atv disc #3  
They should have a frame so you can add a couple of blocks or other weight. my buddies ATV disc did, but cant remember the brand.

/ Princess auto atv disc
Do they kill weeds well?

/ Princess auto atv disc #5  
They will kill weeds to a point depending on several variables like, how tall is the vegetation, what kind of vegetation and how thick it is. Discs work great to smooth the top soil and soften the top layer. It will eventually thin out the weeds depending on how often you use it, if you remove heavy grass, (cut it short). You may have to go over it 3-4 times in opposite directions.

Maybe post some info on your project, a photo may also help. There may be a better tool for what your dealing with.

/ Princess auto atv disc #6  
You'll want to mow as close to the ground as possible beforehand. I add weight too. It also helps if the soil is a bit damp.

Like I said, I was surprised at how well it worked.

Good luck

/ Princess auto atv disc #8  
They make them so they must work but my experience with a single gang disc was they were ineffective. So much so i traded them and got a tiller instead.

/ Princess auto atv disc
They make them so they must work but my experience with a single gang disc was they were ineffective. So much so i traded them and got a tiller instead.

Ineffective how? Didnt penetrate well? Or plug with straw easily?

/ Princess auto atv disc #10  
Did not penetrate. Some say you need a little moisture to penetrate but it would plug up. It didnt work for me. Northern tool in the us carry a atv pull type till for around $1500. Quite a bit more money, it still looks a little light duty but it may work for you.
Keep in mind this only my experience, obviously some must get the disc to work. I would guess if you keep the weeds down and dirt black it may work better.