Atv harrow

/ Atv harrow #1  

Jordan9682

Silver Member
Tractor
New holland 9682
I want to build a harrow for behind my atv (kodiak 450). Would a harrow work for burying seed (I would be growing wheat), in other words, would it seed deep enough? How big of harrow would the quad pull RELATIVELY EASY ?

Thanks for the input :)

/ Atv harrow #2  
Might want to take a look at the chain harrow. The chain harrow has 3 seetings. Teeth pointed forward or vertical is deepest setting. Teeth pointed backward is itermediate setting. Upside down with teeth pointed up is the shallow setting. I use the shallow when working in broadcast seed like wheat. These chain harrows do pick up trash if your groud has a lot of debris. The chain harrow pulls easily and you could pull a 4 foot wide by 8 foot long easily. Biggest problem might be the transport. No probem with transport if you can pul it down your trails or roads.

/ Atv harrow
Thanks for the info,
I have a set of spike toothed harrows, and a couple sets of diamond harrows, all i would have to do is put a hitch on them. Would these work, or not so much?
My problem with the chain harrows is that there will be some straw, enough to plug them

/ Atv harrow
image.jpg

I have some similar to this. Would they work good for seeding?

/ Atv harrow #7  
Wheat seed really doesn't need to be buried, it will do fine on top of the worked soil. If you want to cover the seed cut a cedar limb or bush and drag behind your atv. I have used this method many times for food plots and it works well.

/ Atv harrow
Around here we seed cereals at about 1 1/2" deep, there's not enough moisture to broadcast it. I want to be able to simulate a field grown crop

/ Atv harrow #9  
How are you going to distribute the seed if you are not going to broadcast it?

/ Atv harrow
Sorry, I meant dont want to leave it on top, I have a spreader but I want to work it in