New holland 9682
What do you think is best short season sweet corn? For the garden

/ Short season corn? #2  
White, yellow, bicolor?

su, se, sh, or (sy)synergestic type?

Cold soil germination?

Wet or dry?

Under 70 days? (10 weeks growing)

Usually the longer the growing time the bigger the ears get.

Mid season types take at least 75 days and longer to harvest

Lot of choices with sweet corn including # of rows per ear. Many people today want a small kernal. Corn varieties can vary from 12 to 20 rows per ear with 14-16 being pretty standard

Treated seed?
Helpful for wet soil or insect resistence

Just where are you located?

Butter & Sugar was always a favorite...an older su type bicolor @ 75 day is usually found on seed racks. We grew and sold that commercialy for many years.

Trinity, an early variety from Johhny Seed I also grew before. Been around for a while now. A popular short season bi color se type @ 68 days. Johhnys now recommends their variety Sugar Buns (se) for a longer harvest time.

Harris Seed has some real good early choices both white and bicolor. Their # 1 selling early bicolor is Sweet Chorus and the Harris 1001 @72 days is a small (refined) kernal 8 inch ear. Earliest all white variety they have is called Spring Snow @ 66 days with 5 ft stalks and small 6.5" ears. All of these are the se types. (sugar enhanced)

There are also several bicolor supersweets (sh types) under 75 days they also offer. These need growing isolation by time or distance to avoid being cross pollinated with other types.

I barely ever see anyone grow an all yellow, especially to sell anymore but they are still out there. Harris has an early sh type called Northern Xtra Sweet @ 67 days and Johhny and Harris both sell a supersweet (sh) yellow called Vision @ 75 days.

/ Short season corn?
I actually bought seed, the variety is called "sunny vee" it's a yellow sweet corn and 60 days to maturity. I just wanted to see what other people thought was a good variety. I'm located in the southwest corner of sask (midway between Medicine Hat Alberta and swift current saskatchewan) moisture isn't a problem, I haul in water for the garden.

/ Short season corn? #4  
Painted Mountain Corn is technically not a sweet corn, but it is supposed to be more cold tollerant than many other types of corn.

I ate some last year. The immature ears tasted fine. As they matured, they go to be quite starchy tasting. One didn't get the pretty colors until they matured either.

/ Short season corn? #5  
Well that one's not in any of my seed catalogs. Just Earlivee in Rupps. Doesnt seem to be widely popular name anymore. Where did you get the seed?

Somedays I wonder how many types of corn and tomatoes they can possibly develop

With a quick look I do see it advertised online and there is a pdf Sweet Corn 2002 - University of Saskatchewan where is was trialed with some others in 2002 and also in 2001.

Are you planning on planting a lot of it?

Oh the the wet or dry was soil conditions at planting time

/ Short season corn?
I got it at peavey mart, im only planting about 1000sq ft

/ Short season corn? #7  
Well I learned some more about this corn

But this is about all of it

Sunnyvee - Breeder: Ontario Dept. Ag. Hort Exp. Sta. Characteristics: 76 day maturity, Spancross class, yellow kernels, 12 rows. 1963.

1963 it was developed so it is the older basic su type of corn too...that is a traditional sweet corn type with varying degrees of sugar that convert to starch rapidly after harvest. So best pick fresh and cook shortly after.

I bet it'll be good! :D