Best way of seeding with atv

/ Best way of seeding with atv #12  
A disc will have the tendency to bury grasses too deep. Dragging a light drag like a log chain or section of unweighted chainlink fence would be better. Even the ATV tires would be better than discing grasses. Have you ever noticed that the grasses come up better where a vehicle has packed the seed and soil? I use a section of chain link fence with no weight on it if I can't cultipack grasses and grains.

The fertilizer npk analysis will depend on the soil test. I am in acidic soil that for grasses requires heavier lime than anything. I start with a lower nitrogen because I don't want to feed the top growth of weeds until I get a good stand. Then I will top dress with something higher in nitrogen if it is a plot that will benefit. I layoff as much as possible on nitrogen on my bean plots when I top dress them.

/ Best way of seeding with atv
As far as my area goes, if i can accuratly enough place the seed i would seed around 95lbs/acre and fertilier isnt necassary, i'll probably use the same blend we use on the rest of our cereal crops on the farm. Were mostly nitrogen deficient

/ Best way of seeding with atv #14  
For planting a hay we use a hay seeder fromnew holland dealer.

/ Best way of seeding with atv #15  
What are your opinions on the best way of seeding plots/small fields (1-2 acres) with an atv? I don't want to go buy real expensive equipment:2cents: I have spike harrows, diamond harrows, seed spreaders and I'm thinking of buying a disc. Would there be anything else i would need to grow a good crop? (Cereal crops,corn and maybe some alfalfa or grass in places)

Thanks for any input

I had a ATV disc with a 3 pt hitch on a 2000 Artic Cat 500 it worked well if you turned ground with a plow first otherwise the disc would not cut well. Now I have a tractor with an old Fergerson plow its heavy and does a great job

/ Best way of seeding with atv
Around here, the rule of thumb for seeding a cereal crop is about 1 1/4 - 1 1/2" deep. I'm still not sure if i can achieve this or not with my harrows? Or should I take my seed drop spreader and make small openers under it and use it like a drill?