Agri-fab disk cultivator

/ Agri-fab disk cultivator #1  

Jordan9682

Silver Member
Tractor
New holland 9682
You may have seen my last thread about the disk from princess auto. What about THIS disk?
Products > Sleeve Hitch Disc Cultivator

Has anyone used one of these? They look kinda crappy to me, and I can't find anywhere in Canada where they sell them?!?!?! I'm probably just missing it though

/ Agri-fab disk cultivator #2  
It looks like at least Agri-Fab is all over.

From their locator on the web site, I've found:

Peavey Industries Ltd.
400 King Street
Estevan SK S4A 2B4
(306) 634-8090

Canadian Tire
200 King Street
Estevan SK S4A 2L9
306-346-6407

Peavey Industries Ltd.
111 Government Road
Weyburn SK S4H 0N8
(306) 842-2143

There are probably quite a few more places carrying the brand, depending on where one is hunting. I don't know about the inventory though.

The disk does appear quite small, especially for a tow behind with no power up/power down options, although I suppose you could add a 3 pt hitch if you had it available.

/ Agri-fab disk cultivator
I've looked at Home Depot and a few other places websites, they carry SOME of their products, but of course none of them show the disk (maybe they just don't have it on the website, or could order them in?)
They say 30-38" which will do for me. I was thinking i would put a longer hitch on and make it a flip over disk

/ Agri-fab disk cultivator #4  
took two a few years ago and put them together and made a gang disc for food plots. If you have any roots, rocks, or anything else foreign in the food plot, you will spend more time straightening things back out then actually using it.

They are made about 40 miles from my residence, and are 40% owner of hydrogear, which is just next door.

took two a few years ago and put them together and made a gang disc for food plots. If you have any roots, rocks, or anything else foreign in the food plot, you will spend more time straightening things back out then actually using it.

They are made about 40 miles from my residence, and are 40% owner of hydrogear, which is just next door.

So there not very durable? Is that why there only $200andsome ?

/ Agri-fab disk cultivator #6  
There designed for garden tractors, in previously worked soil.

/ Agri-fab disk cultivator #7  
There are different grades of steel.
It sounds like the disk is made out of thin mild steel, rather than a bit thicker hardened steel.
The bearings?

It would take more processing to mold and heat treat each disk, but it might make a huge differnece for the longevity of the device.

It sounds like you'd be better off finding a used disk and rebulding it. Does the agrifab disk come unassembled? So you have to put it together anyway.

I'm thinking I'm not gonna get the agri-fab... Probably gonna go with a princess auto disc

/ Agri-fab disk cultivator #9  
You are wasting your time and money . Those little implements do not work . They are not heavy enough , if they were you can't pull em .