ATV Sprayer

/ ATV Sprayer #1  

Ted Summey

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100F IH McCormick Farmall 140, Massey Ferguson 135
I bought a 25 gallon spot sprayer a couple of years ago. It works well for my spraying around the yard. I've wanted an alternative to the 60 gallon sprayer for the tractor. So I picked up a kit to set up the spot sprayer as a broadcast sprayer. What I found was a funky arm that attaches to he hitch of the ATV. I decided to something different so I can spray my food plots.

I used an aluminum plate I had on hand. Drilled it to accept the broadcast spray nozzle and fabricated an attachment to the rear rack. The plate attaches with a wing nut and a tie wrap. It worked like a charm!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 274
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 291
   / ATV Sprayer #2  
Just put a boom sprayer on my Kodiak. Bought the kit for $60 on Amazon. Saw the kit that attaches to the hitch but it didn't impress me either. What I noticed with the boom sprayer is that even though the spec calls for a 7 foot wide coverage area, it really was more like 16 feet when I tested it. Fortunately, I can twist the nozzles so they spray to the inside (toward each other) and I can control the width and mitigate the misting with some precision. As you know, misting is bad, larger droplets are good.