Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SC (Upstate) & NC (Piedmont)
    NH TN 55, Kubota B2320 & RTV 900, Bad Boy Outlaw 61" ZTR

Default Re: Is this possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan9682 View Post
    At $569, I would hope that it did an excellent job.

The ad claims 100% no drift and 5-acre coverage with one fill. These claims and the photo make me think that this is a variant of a rope wick applicator. If so, you could buy a rope wick applicator or build you own for a lot less.

As another poster mentioned, adding nozzles is going to increase the amount of pumping required.

You should be able to find a 12-volt ATV-mount boom sprayer for a lot less than $569. TSC in the States has one for $230 (Fimco 15 Gallon ATV Mounted Sprayer - Tractor Supply Online Store).

Last edited by smstonypoint; 03-31-2013 at 09:42 AM.

Platinum Member

Solo may still make the 4 ft. boom sprayer for there backpack sprayers. It replaced the nozzle, and mounted on the metal frame, that allowed you to walk and spray. Sold one to a customer a few years back that he mounted on his quad, and used his 12v sprayer to power it.
    ILLINOIS ENGINE, Beecher City, IL
    Briggs and Stratton MST (Master Service Technician)
    ILENGINE over at Lawnmowerforum

Greenwood Co., SC
    Yanmar YM2000

northern tool has a boom kit that you can add to a sprayer. I think its $79. It claims you can use the lower powered pumps with it as well. Of course it would be just as cheap almost to buy a 25 gallon sprayer with a boom already but if your like me and have a 15gal sprayer already it may be the ticket.
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    1986 Cobia 177 sunskiff w/1981 Johnson 60 hp
    1991 Javalen 17ft w/same year 150 Johnson GT
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12