Is this possible?

/ Is this possible? #1  

Jordan9682

Silver Member
Tractor
New holland 9682
I have a hand sprayer and I want to know if I would be able to take the hand wand off and make a small boom for it (only about 4' wide) and use it behind a quad? (Mount it up on the back of the quad, or on a small trailer. If on a trailer i would put a long handle on it so i could still pump it easily) I know the arm would get tired, but I'm cheap and just want to know if this is possible?

/ Is this possible?
image.jpg

Somethin' like this

/ Is this possible? #4  
I'm sure that this is possible. I would think that you would be doing a good deal of hand pumping. Using one hand for the throttle and brake and pumping with the other hand would make steering the ATV interesting.

/ Is this possible? #6  
I have a 15 gallon 12 volt sprayer on my ATV that I use to spray my fence lines. On my Polaris the throttle is on the right hand grip and the brake is on the left hand grip. And I gotta steer with something. Factor in another hand to operate the sprayer lever on my spray wand. Doing all of this and trying to pump a hand sprayer would probably turn me into warm jello. I can do some multi-tasking. But not that much.

/ Is this possible?
I probably won't spray a large area, so I could foot it i suppose

/ Is this possible? #8  
The small 12 volt sprayers aren't all that expensive. You can cover a very large area with a hand wand. I have used mine for food plots. I don't have a boom. Mine is over twelve years old and except for replacing an occasional sprayer handle it has been trouble free. It was money well spent for me.

/ Is this possible? #10  
Another consideration is adding nozzles will drastically effect how much pumping action is needed to give a consistent flow. Add a second nozzle it will take 2 times the amount of pumping.