Food Plots are in

/ Food Plots are in #1  

efam3300

Gold Member
Tractor
LS4140HC- Kubota b3300su hst-polaris ranger 500-Kubota Commander ZTR
Finished up the food plots today. Planted corn, sunflower, and a summer blend from the local feed store. Disced the corn and soybeans with my recently rehabbed ABO 22 Fergerson disc

Attachments

• image-2194674360.jpg
    image-2194674360.jpg
    575.3 KB · Views: 239
  • image-1772180505.jpg
    image-1772180505.jpg
    547.5 KB · Views: 234
  • image-1236655679.jpg
    image-1236655679.jpg
    691 KB · Views: 240
   / Food Plots are in #2  
They look great. I got mine finished this week, too, except the clover and chicory plots which I did in February.

/ Food Plots are in #3  
Hope to start mine soon. Over-seeding, mainly, no new ones but some that did not work so well last year will be re-done.

/ Food Plots are in #4  
Your food plots are looking good! Now if we could get a little rain this weekend, I could quit worrying about mine.

/ Food Plots are in #5  
Your food plots are looking good! Now if we could get a little rain this weekend, I could quit worrying about mine.

I put soybean, sunflower and Egyptian wheat in the ground 8 days ago. Rain was predicted but we got none. Was there yesterday. I was amazed that many soybean and wheat had sprouted, but I am worried that they need rain SOON, or the sun will scorch the little plants. BTW, the crows found the sunflower seed. Some areas of the field look like a major league baseball dugout, sunflower hulls everywhere.

/ Food Plots are in #6  
For things that I don't want birds to get, I use tomato stakes and put string above the plot about 24".

It looks like a big spider web when I am done, but it keeps birds out for some reason. It is hard to do on a large plot but it works good on the smaller ones.

/ Food Plots are in

I noticed you have a cole planter, how's that working for you? Last year I disced my corn and soy beans in and they came up good, did the same this year hope with good results. The drought killed the corn last year but the sunflowers survived. Good luck with the rain and your plots.

/ Food Plots are in #9  
Here's wishing everyone, success with their food plots.
Getting some good news tonight. My Mom lives at the farm where I planted the beans, sunflower and Egyptian wheat. She emailed me that the rain was coming down, with lot so thunder in the area. As I stated above, the soybeans and wheat had sprouted after one week, and this rain will be great for them. Thankful.