LabLab Fail

/ LabLab Fail #1  

EddieWalker

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Several, all used and abused.
We tried Tecamonte LabLab this year in half the food plot. It came up incredibly fast and thick. Then we had deer and hog tracks all through it, so by the time deer season started, we where excited. We never saw anything in it and the second week of the season, temps dropped down to 27 degrees for a couple hours one morning. The LabLab died.

Never again with LabLab.

001.jpg 002 (3).jpg 003 (2).jpg 001 (2).jpg 002 (2).jpg

Eddie

/ LabLab Fail #2  
Eddie I thought the Lablab was a warm weather plant.. I had a friend that planted it and had all good things to say about it.. but we live along the gulf and don't see to much cold weather.. Lou

/ LabLab Fail #3  
It's obvious that it isn't tolerant to low temperatures. BTW, did the planting instructions mentioned low temperature tolerance levels? Best wishes.

/ LabLab Fail
I didn't realize it was a warm weather plant. They just put it out on the shelf at Academy with all sorts of other brands and types of food plots when I bought it. I should have read up on it, but I do remember reading somewhere deer loved LabLab and it was great to hunt over. I'm not sure why they would have written that unless it was just for an area that doesn't get cold weather. Oh well, back to the drawing board to find something that they really like that will grow in my area.

Eddie

/ LabLab Fail #6  
Outfitters blend and deer radish for the fall and you could plant Lablab in the spring.

/ LabLab Fail #7  
Eddie that friend of mine that planted it.. He planted it way in the back of his land about a mile from the main house,, trying to pull up hogs,, he had several hogs traps.. plus he uses the hogs to train his or other dogs.. But the funny part was someone flew over saw the nice green plants called the DEA,, they got a warrant,, searched his place.. said they were sorry it wouldn't happen again.. so now he can plant anything he wants.:rolleyes::laughing:. Lou

/ LabLab Fail #8  
I plant it here in NC in May. Deer are on it all summer and on the pods in oct and Nov. But RR beans word just as good and I can spray them for grass.

/ LabLab Fail
Thanks. I went back to the store and sure enough, there is more sitting on the shelf. It also says warm season on the front of the bag, which I either ignored, or overlooked. Epic fail, but maybe something to try in the spring.

Eddie

/ LabLab Fail #10  
Plant them in April/May. If you want something for late winter plant austrian winter peas in Sept. BTW my dog is your FB friend. Tucker Wells :)