Oh I just found this forum, going to be my new favorite! Help me pick out a seeder!

/ Oh I just found this forum, going to be my new favorite! Help me pick out a seeder! #1  

KFhunter

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800
Hi all,

going to be doing roughly 60 acres of mixed haying and food plot work and need a seeder capable of a big variety of jobs. It's all been worked, but sitting dormant for about 10 years.

What would be a good seeder for a wide verity of seed for birds and deer? Also need alfalfa and grains, peas and corn would be bonus.

Last edited:
   / Oh I just found this forum, going to be my new favorite! Help me pick out a seeder!
found a used landpride 1572 seeder. Don't see any grains on the seed charts.

/ Oh I just found this forum, going to be my new favorite! Help me pick out a seeder! #3  
Welcome from Wisconsin

/ Oh I just found this forum, going to be my new favorite! Help me pick out a seeder! #4  
I saw this Woods seeder at our local tractor dealer recently. It's very nice, but expensive.

Woods has a good reputation for making quality products. I've had a BB72 cutter for 10 years that still works like new.

PSS72 Landscape Equipment

/ Oh I just found this forum, going to be my new favorite! Help me pick out a seeder! #5  
found a used landpride 1572 seeder. Don't see any grains on the seed charts.

Going to seed 60 acres with a 6 foot wide seeder (1572 on Landpride site shows 70 inch width)?? Land has sat idle for 10 years ?? You might want to find someone to custom plant it for you if you are not going to use a drill for another 10 years. Ground probably needs worked again anyway if nothing has been done for 10 years. If it currently still has a decent amount of alfalfa in it, you cannot reseed alfalfa. It will die due to toxicity of alfalfa following alfalfa. What does your soil test say about current fertilization and pH levels ?? Legume/grass seed and corn seed require different planters. What is your budget for a grain drill if you are going to do food plots??