Food Plot Photos

/ Food Plot Photos #31  
Bid said:
efam3300, the corn here in southern Illinois looks a lot like yours. It's toasted!

Yeah it's sad all the hard work we put in and lose it like this. I think I should plow this under to get it ready for some Austrian Peas I ordered from Cabela's. I have not tried winter peas before, hoping for some good luck with them

/ Food Plot Photos #32  
Here is a buck in my established plot (2 Ac) and a doe in my new plot, (1/2 ac)

Attachments

• PICT0001a.JPG
    PICT0001a.JPG
    798.1 KB · Views: 212
  • PICT0001.jpg
    PICT0001.jpg
    953.5 KB · Views: 283
   / Food Plot Photos #33  
Two more from my new food plot.

Attachments

• PICT0006.JPG
    PICT0006.JPG
    783.1 KB · Views: 210
  • PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    777.4 KB · Views: 192
   / Food Plot Photos #35  
Hey guys, I have just started looking in this area of tbn and was glad to see this forum. Deer hunting is my passion and I look forward to learning some of your success tactics in preparing plots. The deer pics are giving me the fever! We didn't plant spring but have been discing up our fall plot areas right after getting some much needed rain. Hopefully we all will get rain over the rest of the summer! Anyways good luck!

/ Food Plot Photos #36  
cili said:
Hey guys, I have just started looking in this area of tbn and was glad to see this forum. Deer hunting is my passion and I look forward to learning some of your success tactics in preparing plots. The deer pics are giving me the fever! We didn't plant spring but have been discing up our fall plot areas right after getting some much needed rain. Hopefully we all will get rain over the rest of the summer! Anyways good luck!

Hi and welcome to the forum. What are you planting for fall? I've bought some Austrian Peas and sugar beets to try along with some turnips and maybe wheat or rye. Good luck with your plots.
Ed

/ Food Plot Photos #37  
Thankyou, not completely sure. We planted rape and oats last year with fair success and thinking oats plus something else just not sure what. Will have a dove field(wheat) that may also come up depending on rain. Last year we didnt have real cold weather either so the rape didnt draw the deer as we hoped. My nephew is my hunting partner and he is doing all the research on what's best. Roger

/ Food Plot Photos #38  
We lost our corn in southside Virginia. Cut and plowed it under this past weekend. Plan to plant rye wheat in August for the winter crop. I had no luck with austrian winter peas last year.

/ Food Plot Photos #39  
We are going ahead and trimming up our roads and lanes. I told my nephew that I was going to build an attachment that would make life easier. Named it after my son's middle name. Check it out on youtube forestry mowing/tree trimming - YouTube

/ Food Plot Photos #40  
vabiker23518 said:
We lost our corn in southside Virginia. Cut and plowed it under this past weekend. Plan to plant rye wheat in August for the winter crop. I had no luck with austrian winter peas last year.

Does no luck mean the deer didn't like them or your crop didn't do well? Is rye wheat more attractive to deer than the red variety.