What model ford do I have? 4000?

/ What model ford do I have? 4000? #1  

Tractor_Troy

Tractor
Allis Chalmers 816 Backhoe\Loader
I just bought a tractor and would like to know the model/year info. It is painted blue and grey like the 4000 but underneath the blue is bright red paint and underneath that is a dull red which I assume is the primer. It has 4000 logos on the hood but the red paint makes me think it might be the hundred series. It has the SOS Transmission, live PTO, live hydraulics, 50hp diesel 4 cylinder. On the left side of the transmission I found these numbers

312259 A
CWC
*E259* (The asteriks look just like round marks)

I can take pictures soon which I'm sure will help. Thanks for the help.

Troy

/ What model ford do I have? 4000? #2  
Look on the flat boss area on the left side just above where the starter is and you will se a series of numbers stamped. with these finding the model and series is a snap. later, nat

/ What model ford do I have? 4000? #3  
Ditto what nat said.. post them numbers... will be a model ID and a sn, and a unit date code.

Soundguy

/ What model ford do I have? 4000?
That was the one spot I didn't wipe the grime off!! It is a model 971 with 139354 underneath that. Does anyone know what year that is? What exactly is a 971? Did those normally come in blue and grey or red and grey? I guess it doesn't matter, just curious. Any recommendations for fluids/hydraulic/best place to buy. Thanks for all the help. Troy

/ What model ford do I have? 4000? #6  
As I read it , it is a 1961. That ford engine is probably one of the best ever built, much more power than traction. Keep the glow plugs working and it will start in one or two turns and only use 1 gal. of fuel per hour even pulling hard.
Good luck with the SOS, not the best idea ford ever had, but if used correctly and adjusted as needed it will last a long time. Later, Nat

/ What model ford do I have? 4000? #7  
Post some pics!

Soundguy