Ford 3000

/ Ford 3000 #2  
My first guess would be a dirty carburator. A good cleaning will probably fix you up.

/ Ford 3000 #3  
I just posted in NH forum. I owned a Ford 3000 from new until 2 years ago. It had an appetite for ignition coils. They'd cause ame symptoms as they failed. If I had to pick one thing as a PROBABLE cause, I'd go with that first.

/ Ford 3000 #4  
I'm having sort of the same problem. Do you have some guidlines on how to replace the coil? How expensive is the part?

Thanks!
Dave

/ Ford 3000
dave76574 said:
I'm having sort of the same problem. Do you have some guidlines on how to replace the coil? How expensive is the part?

Thanks!
Dave

The coil is easy to replace. It's on the right hand side of the tractor looking forward down near the bottom of the engine. The coil is around $25.00 from a N/H dealer. Simply locate the old coil, remove the cap from the center and the leads from battery and gound and replace it with new one.

/ Ford 3000 #6  
Thanks for the coil advice. Does N/H stand for New Holland? Please explain.

Also, do you think a complete service manual would be helpful to me as I try to replace parts/belts/etc, repair or perform maintenance on my Ford 3000? Or are most repairs too technical?

My goal is to get this tractor which we have owned new since the 60s in good running condition.

Dave

/ Ford 3000 #7  
If you are decently 'wrenchy'.. at least get the I&T service manual for that tractor.

Assuming it is a 12v system, and no ignition resistors, save your money on the 25$ CNH coil ( yes.. CNH = Case New Holland ).. and get a 16$ napa IC 14 SB type coil..

Many of the repairs and maintenance are able to be done by cookbook.. especially on the gassers..

Soundguy

/ Ford 3000 #8  
Forgot to mention.. that I&T manual is an FO-31 for the 3000 and other 3 cyl models.. etc.. ( AFAIK )..

Soundguy

/ Ford 3000 #9  
Thanks, Soundguy! I appreciate the good advice.
Dave