/ Bought the Ford 4000 #1  

NDRick

Tractor
64 JD 3020D
Hey Folks,

First, Thanx!! for your help

My/wifes friend ended up buying the 3 cyl gas 4000 Ford
I'd asked about in another thread.

The two levers I asked about in front of the seat turned out to be individual stick shifts for the Hi/Lo transmisison.

The loader operated/seemed mighty fast to me and you could also lock both tires together for better traction.

Almost all the hyd hoses were replaced last season.

Anyway she ended up getting exactly what she needed a cultivator/7ft bucket w grapple/dirt bucket and delivery of the tractor about 1 ス drive for $7,500.

Although the price was plenty as they say around here, I think she got a tractor that will last her.

As I watched her drive it and later listened to her talk about how easy it shifted and operated with the power steering and how it was just the right size to fit in her shed I was mighty happy for her.

I was also mighty happy to have found this site and wanted to pass on our thanx.

So Thanx!! again folks

Rick in North Dakota it痴 a dry cold.

/ Bought the Ford 4000 #2  
NDRick said:
Hey Folks,

First, Thanx!! for your help

My/wifes friend ended up buying the 3 cyl gas 4000 Ford
I'd asked about in another thread.

The two levers I asked about in front of the seat turned out to be individual stick shifts for the Hi/Lo transmisison.

The loader operated/seemed mighty fast to me and you could also lock both tires together for better traction.

Almost all the hyd hoses were replaced last season.

Anyway she ended up getting exactly what she needed a cultivator/7ft bucket w grapple/dirt bucket and delivery of the tractor about 1 ï½½ drive for $7,500.

Although the price was plenty as they say around here, I think she got a tractor that will last her.

As I watched her drive it and later listened to her talk about how easy it shifted and operated with the power steering and how it was just the right size to fit in her shed I was mighty happy for her.

I was also mighty happy to have found this site and wanted to pass on our thanx.

So Thanx!! again folks

Rick in North Dakota itç—´ a dry cold.

The tractor sounds like a nice one. In general, that particular model, the 3-cylinder 4000, is a great tractor. They aren't real easy on gas from what I'm told, but with gas being cheaper than diesel fuel, it may be a wash.

A diesel selectOspeed 4000SU has always been on my "wish list".

/ Bought the Ford 4000 #3  
Rick, enjoy your new tractor. Now, you will need its hydraulic power steering kit. That kit for this tractor is easily available anywhere. There is another Rick near your area (in SD) who is expert on hydraulic steering kits. His web site was somethings like tractorpowersteering.com

/ Bought the Ford 4000
Nomad,

Thanx!! for info but im知 confused the tractor came with power steering?

Is it something that needs to be replaced?

Please update me when you have a chance

Thanx!!
Rick in North Dakota it痴 a dry cold

/ Bought the Ford 4000 #5  
Rick, sorry, you already wrote it (ps kit) in your first post and I missed it.
I think previous owner added it later. Its PS kit is an add-on later.

No, you don't need to replace it as long as it works.
If there is any problem, just replace its part.
Anyway, for future need, you know where to contact in your area.

/ Bought the Ford 4000 #6  
nomad said:
Rick, sorry, you already wrote it (ps kit) in your first post and I missed it.
I think previous owner added it later. Its PS kit is an add-on later.

No, you don't need to replace it as long as it works.
If there is any problem, just replace its part.
Anyway, for future need, you know where to contact in your area.

Most likely NOT a "kit" but standard equipment on most later model Ford 4000's sold in US market.

/ Bought the Ford 4000 #7  
Farmwithjunk said:
Most likely NOT a "kit" but standard equipment on most later model Ford 4000's sold in US market.

I agree.. many of the 68-75 tractors coukld have PS as standard equipment. My 5000 does.

Also.. ditto on gas. If the 3cyl 4000 uses gas anything like the 4 cyl 8XX series it replaced.. it is anything but frugal! Just doing loader work.. my 850 will drink gas.. and it ain't running rich either..

Soundguy

/ Bought the Ford 4000 #8  
If anyone is in my neck of the woods.......

Gas Ford 3000 w/ SOS tranny

Ford 3000 tractor

Located in Selah, WA

NOT MINE, just ran across it while browsing.