Ford 335 Industrial

/ Ford 335 Industrial #1  

ME83

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 110 TLB
I am looking at a Ford 335 Industrial loader that a friend of mine is going to sell. The problem is I can't find any info on this tractor. I know it is a 3 cyl gas and it runs very good. I have used it before helping him and it is stronger than the Ford 3500 gas loader that I have (of which I always need a little more power for things). Are there typically any problems with the 335? What HP and capacities does it have? What years were they made? Any info would be helpful.

Thanks

/ Ford 335 Industrial #2  
Mfg. 1975-1985. Derivative of Ford 3600 tractor. The 3600 was a 40 PTO HP tractor.

/ Ford 335 Industrial #3  
I don't know if the 335 was manufactured as late as 1985. My 1982 Ford Industrial Buyers Guide does not include a model 335 tractor. It does have the 340A, which I believe replaced the 335.

I can't seem to find info on the 335 in my brochure and reference archives, unfortunately.

Correction...my old 1978 Implement & Tractor Red Book has it listed under industrial tractor loaders. Here is what I found:

PTO hp for the gas engine: 43.8 hp. from 172 cu. inches
Three transmission options: 6x2, 6x4, 8x2
Open center hydraulic system with 5 or 8.5 gpm @ 2100 psi
No info on the loader.

/ Ford 335 Industrial #4  
I have a Ford 335 Tractor just bought runs good need a few parts. The PTO has a metal cap, do I have to buy parts for PTO ? Thank You, Bill

/ Ford 335 Industrial #5  
Can you post a pic of the metal cap your talking about, some of those tractors are delete of a pto shaft, Soundguy can tell you a lot about them tractor as well as others

/ Ford 335 Industrial #6  
I have a Ford 335 Tractor just bought runs good need a few parts. The PTO has a metal cap, do I have to buy parts for PTO ? Thank You, Bill

Unscrew the cap and see if there is a PTO output shaft underneath. Probably is, if it was PTO delete it would have a flat cover attached with 4 bolts.

/ Ford 335 Industrial #7  
I had to use a big pipe wrench and a cheater bar to unscrew and found the PTO out put shaft, I have another problem the middle assembly on the steering shaft was broke, son in law removed and lost some parts , need info what I need and where toget. Tec Book or print out on how to reassemble I have 3 springs, 2 pistons , 3 balls and 8 spacers ? Need help Thank You Bill Lewis

/ Ford 335 Industrial #8  
ps block? pm ultradog.. he can tell you where those balls n springs go.. he's a PS box guy.. I'm a manual steering box guy..

soundguy

/ Ford 335 Industrial #9  
i have a 2000 ford will the pto shaft fit a 335 ford industrial

can anyone tell me thanks

JERRY

/ Ford 335 Industrial #10  
I'm on my phone now so hard to open and swith windows, but hit the cnh parts forum and lookup both shafts and compare #

My default guess us no..