Ford One Arm Loader 19-209 (711) & Ford 4000

/ Ford One Arm Loader 19-209 (711) & Ford 4000 #1  

rwacho

Tractor
52 six cylinder Funk Ford 8N, TZ24DA, 64 Ford 4000, 1950 Ford 8N
Hi All,
I just purchased a one arm loader for my 64 Ford 4000. A while back I before my purchase, I searched and discovered that the this one 19-209 was very similar to a 711 style. As it turns out, its color is faded red, but some scraping shows some blue color underneath.

It came with some brackets, but anyone have some details on how to attach it? I also bought a remote hydraulic valve (fits under seat). Does this just divert hydraulic fluid to the remote cylinder(loader) and then is it controlled by the lift lever or does it constantly flow fluid when depressed?

Thanks for the help.

/ Ford One Arm Loader 19-209 (711) & Ford 4000 #2  
I will look in my parts book when i get back from lunch to determine what component you have.. but sounds correct for the 5.5" box for the 4 cyl tractors ( yours is the 4 cyl.. right? early 4-cyl 4000's are essentially an 801 that has been updated.).

There will be 3 brackets.. a small one out of 3/8 plate that goes from under the tranny to the 'heel' of the laoder.

there will be a big 1/2" plate one that bolts under the front axle with the 'hole' to the left.

And the most important.. a 'hip' bracket with a NUB on it.. this bolts to the trans bellhopusing and fits the slot inthe box onthe laoder.. then you use a retianer pin to hold the box onto the nub.. pin goes thru a slot in the box.

If you have a ford style aux valve, it will bolt up to the lift cover.. depending onthe number of spools and the design will tell you whether you need a seperate loder valve or not.

If this is not a ASC type valve, it will not require the 3pt control to be lifted, as it diverts the oil ahead of the 3pt.

post a pic of the valve.

Search here for posts about my ford 660 and 850.. both of them have 1-arm laoders.. i also have a 951 i am restoring right now and have a 1-arm loader I'm going to throw on it.

I have pdf copies of the manuals for the 722/711 loaders you will want.

I'll email back after my lunch meeting.

soundguy

/ Ford One Arm Loader 19-209 (711) & Ford 4000 #3  
Ok.. I'm back.. got busy at work.

I'll need an email address to send you the loader PDF files. If you have dialup.. they are large files..

19-209 is the frame unit for a 711 loader that was mechanical ( trip) dump.

2500# breakaway, and 1000# full lift.

As I mntioned before.. since you have a mechanical dump unit.. your only hyd needs are a single acting lift cyl. You can either power this with a spool valve that fits under the seat in place of the hyd option cover, and then set it to run in SA ( 1-hose ) mode. This option lets you use the 3pt lift.

OR, you can simply pull the pipe plug int he option cover and screw a hose in there and run the hose to the lift cyl, chain your 3pt lift arms down tot he axles, and then use your 3pt lift control to lift the loader.

Here is a pic of my 850 moving a round bale of hay. This one is a 711 loader.. but is a later style for a 3 cyl model that I modified to fit to a 4 cyl model.. it's component # is different and has a higher lift and break out rating and this one is a hyd bucket as well... it is mounted on an 850.. which will be very similar to your 4 cyl 4000. this is the pic of the blue loader

I also included a pic of my 660 with a 722 loader, also hyd dump.. also made for a 3 cyl tractor and modified to fit a 4000. It is the red loader.

I have another 711 in parts right now that i am going to mount to my 951.. it is a 19-209 component, and is thus a 4 cyl model and will have the same specs as yours, and is a mechanical trip dump. It's completely disassembled.. so no pics of it yet..

If you need any help fitting the brackets, let me know.

soundguy

Attachments

• lodmovhay.jpg
    lodmovhay.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 3,506
  • haysm2.jpg
    haysm2.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 5,949
   / Ford One Arm Loader 19-209 (711) & Ford 4000
Yes, the 4000 is the 4-cyl gas model

I chain down the three point on my 8N to run the dearborn loader on it. So I understand your suggestions.

Thanks for the great information and the many posting that you've shared.

/ Ford One Arm Loader 19-209 (711) & Ford 4000 #5  
post back if you need help.

soundguy

/ Ford One Arm Loader 19-209 (711) & Ford 4000 #6  
Soundguy,
I am getting ready to mount my One Arm Loader to my 841 Ford.
Could you email me the manuals you have on mounting the loader?
I have the One Arm with a trip bucket. I emailed you about a year ago with several questions on the One Arm Loaders, you were very helpful.
I finally found the correct loader for my 841 after buying one for the 1000 series first by mistake. The one I have is complete with all the brackets and even has the stand for it when off the tractor. I bought a hyd. lift valve off ultradog to mount under the seat. I love the way these loaders look on the Fords. I have never seen one in my area of Ky. on a tractor before.
Thanks,

/ Ford One Arm Loader 19-209 (711) & Ford 4000 #7  
too big to email, but i'd be glad to burn them on a cd and mail them to you. probbaly 5-6mb per manual, and htere are a few of them.. owners, parts, etc.. etc..

soudnguy

/ Ford One Arm Loader 19-209 (711) & Ford 4000 #8  
Soundguy,
Thanks!
I posted my email, please send me an email and I will return an email with my address.
Let me know what I owe you and I will be happy to send it to you.
Thanks,
rjackson@scrtc.com

/ Ford One Arm Loader 19-209 (711) & Ford 4000 #9  
Soundguy and others,

Last weekend we broke the upper pivot-point casting and hydraulic cylinder on our Ford One Arm Loader. This loader has been in the family since 1965, and it's like losing an old friend. Does anyone know where I can buy parts to repair this loader or where I can purchase another similar loader.

Parts Needed: Bucket Arm - upper pivot casting broke
Hydraulic Cylinder - broke when arm twisted off

Application: Ford 4000 3 Cylinder Diesel

I am located in the Cincinnati, Ohio area.

Thanks,

Tony

/ Ford One Arm Loader 19-209 (711) & Ford 4000 #10  
post a pic pf the broken parts.

is it the bellcrank part that sets inthe center of the pivot that broke.. or the top ears of the upright housing.

the cyl can be replaced with a red lion from TSC.. they have one that is an almost exact fit.

I bet a good machinist could repiar the broken portions.. at least the ones down here in florida can and do stuff like that when needed.

post the pics and I'll see if I can locate you any parts. It's rare that Ai hear of one breaking though.. so few parts exist aside from buying an entire laoder to part out.. etc.

soundguy