Looking for a drive on tractor jack-8/9N Ford

/ Looking for a drive on tractor jack-8/9N Ford #1  

Fiero guy

Tractor
Layland & Ford
Years ago, I saw this gizmo, that you drive up on (or over), hook up 2 levers to the 3 pt lift arms--and presto, when you raised the 3 pt, it would raise all 4 wheels off the ground. Had some sort of allowance, so that only the rear wheels came up. I believe it was originally made by Dearborn. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Know where I could get plans to build one?

Also looking for the pump and mount for a very early Dearborn loader.
Thanks in advance!
Don

/ Looking for a drive on tractor jack-8/9N Ford #2  
   / Looking for a drive on tractor jack-8/9N Ford #3  
Hey, That's kind of neat. I've never seen one before. That's a perfect addition for the old Ford collector.

/ Looking for a drive on tractor jack-8/9N Ford #4  
Tey come up on ebay from time to time.. etc.

soundguy

/ Looking for a drive on tractor jack-8/9N Ford #5  
I dont think those were made by Dearborn for Two reasons. First, I have a 1951 sales catalog: Ford Tractor "Power for Production" that my neighbor got when he bought my 8n and it shows many of the Dearborn implements available back then. He even penciled in the prices for a lot of the stuff ($1435 for the tractor, $194 for the plow, $226 for the cultivator, $84 for the dozer blade, etc.) The jack does not show up in the catalog. Second, I took a good look at one out in the hedgerow behind my dad's barn last Sunday and it looks identical to the one shown in Soundguy's picture. It has a label on it that says "Ferguson TO-20". I suppose it would work on an 8 or 9n since they were almost the same size/weight as the Ferguson TO-20. One of these days, when I get a little time to kill, I will have to drag that old contraption out and see if it will lift my old 8n. It appears to be in good condition and still has all the parts. It is possible that Dearborn did offer the jack when Harry Ferguson was still teamed up with Henry Ford, but that he took it with him when he forged out on his own in the mid 40's.

/ Looking for a drive on tractor jack-8/9N Ford #6  
   / Looking for a drive on tractor jack-8/9N Ford #8  
Patent search would tell.

soundguy

/ Looking for a drive on tractor jack-8/9N Ford #9  
I have the rear part of one of these jacks. If anyone has the rest of one and could supply dimensions for the front lift part and the length of the chain it would be greatly appreciated.

Ken
Clarksville MI