1969 Ford 4400 Tractor/Backhoe

/ 1969 Ford 4400 Tractor/Backhoe #11  
Yep.. and CNH has made all the old ford parts diagrams back to 1939 available online with parts numbers and all.

makes it much easier to order if you forgot your parts manual and need to look up an assembly real quick..

soundguy

Consider all the TE/TO Fergies, N Fords, and even some of the later models on into the early '60's and there's several MILLION tractors needing parts. Even with the big market for small tractors these days, I doubt ALL the brands combined will equal the sales numbers of those tractors in the 40's and 50's. That huge parts base isn't one to be brushed aside. AGCO and CNH, even ol' Mother Deere has to LOVE the replacement parts business the old iron draws to their doorstep.

Sometimes I think the parts/service and the finance end of these companies are their mainstay and they just build a few tractors as a front ;)

/ 1969 Ford 4400 Tractor/Backhoe #12  
Consider all the TE/TO Fergies, N Fords, and even some of the later models on into the early '60's and there's several MILLION tractors needing parts. Even with the big market for small tractors these days, I doubt ALL the brands combined will equal the sales numbers of those tractors in the 40's and 50's. That huge parts base isn't one to be brushed aside. AGCO and CNH, even ol' Mother Deere has to LOVE the replacement parts business the old iron draws to their doorstep.

Sometimes I think the parts/service and the finance end of these companies are their mainstay and they just build a few tractors as a front ;)

Yep the long production runs of the older tractors did really pump out the units. Nowadays.. production runs are limited to just a few years on a unit.. then it is redesigned and rebadged and changed..

I believe we will see less aprts support for what we see as modern machine, once 40 ys has past.

IE.. as you pontout.. a N or Fergy TO model that had hundreds of thousands of units.. vs a machine that may have only had a very small / short run.. etc.

soundguy

/ 1969 Ford 4400 Tractor/Backhoe
I am curious...

What's the story on 4400? I didn't get a up close look on the brochure of the 1969 4400 backhoe, but is it true that the loader and backhoe was sold separately? Or did they come together? Just trying to get some fact so I will know what to do.

Many thanks for some interesting info on dealership and will definitely go to the place if can not find the part anywhere else.